Chapter 24.

"You got rope?" John B asked as we were all getting out of the van at Mrs. Crain's house.

"Grappling hook?" John B asked

"We're not batman" I said to my brother

"Pulley, dark clothes, flashlights" John B started ticking off his mental checklist

"Let's go get rich" JJ said making all of us cheer

"Wait, I want to say thank you, seriously. It means alot to me that you're here tonight" John B said to everyone making us all smile back at him

"All right, are we done with this circle jerk? Can we do this later?" JJ said ruining the mood, making me hit his shoulder.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water" I said to my friends

"Weed? I'm up for weed" JJ said beside me

"Wheat, JJ. I said wheat" I said, rolling my eyes at him.

We were all walking through the front yard towards the basement when the sensor lights turned on shining right at us causing us to all jump behind a tree out of sight.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights" Pope said to state the obvious

"We could, uh, move really slowly, maybe?" JJ said

"That's not how it works" Pope said to JJ

"Let's throw a rock at it" John B said as if it was the best idea ever

"That's a really great idea, let the axe murder know that we are here" I said to my brother

"Do you have a better idea?" He said to me

"Literally anything but that" I said back

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch" Sarah said stopping John B and I arguing "We used to play hide and seek here as kids, if we were brave enough, we would go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it"

"No, you are not going in the house alone" John B said to his girlfriend

"Crain chops people into pieces" JJ said

"If you believe that JJ, she's like what 85?" I said to JJ "She's probably barely still kicking"

"I'll go with you" I said to Sarah

"Like hell you will" JJ said to me the same time John B said "Neither of you are going in there"

"I'll go too, guys, chill we will be fine" Kie said to the boys as the three of us began to sneak to the porch

"Hey, be safe" John B said to Sarah and I

"Sav, you better come back in one piece" JJ said to me

"I will, love you" I said kissing his cheek quickly before catching up to Sarah and Kie

"Did she say love?" I heard John B, Pope and JJ bickering as we left.

"Where are the breakers?" I asked Sarah as we reached the porch

"Shit, no no no" I heard Kie say and followed where she was looking, the breakers went inside the house. We snuck through following the cord on the roof and flicked off the generators causing the sensor lights to turn off.

We heard a noise coming down the stairs and hid behind a wall as we saw Mrs. Crain walking down the stairs with a very sharp fire poker.

"It's late Leon. Too late" Mrs. Crain said coming closer to us

"I can hear you, Leon" She said walking straight past us, I have no idea how she didn't see us.

"I've been waiting all night" She yelled, turning around looking right at us, Kie's flashlight shining right in her face showing the creepiest blue, grey eyes that I have ever seen.

Sarah screams and we all run away as fast as we can, causing me to get split up from Kie and Sarah. Mrs. Crain followed Sarah and Kie as they locked the door before I could get inside.

"Shit" I said not knowing where to hide, Mrs. Crain heard me and turned around swinging her fire poker around. I felt a sharp pain on my cheek but stayed quiet and ran towards the front door.

I ran as quickly as I could out the door, through the garden and into the basement at the same time Kie and Sarah were running down the stairs. They boys looked at them saying how Mrs. Crain tried to kill them with a fire poker and that they got seperated from me. I was breathing so heavily from running that I couldn't speak up and say I was right there with them.

"What do you mean separated? Where is she?" JJ asked panicked. I just placed my hand on his shoulder, still too breathless to talk. This made JJ jump five feet in the air.

"Shit Sav, don't sneak up on me like that. Wait you're bleeding" He said, noticing my cheek. I actually forgot about that until he said something, then I realised how much it actually hurt.

"Mrs. Crain, fire poker" I said catching my breath "We got to get the fuck out of here"

"John B! Get back on, man!" JJ yelled down the well and we all went to the rope ready to pull John B out but just fell backwards because he wasn't on the rope.

He was yelling something at us but we couldn't make it out, we just knew he had to hurry up or we would all be dead.

"Okay, i'm on" John B called out, so we all began pulling him up again when a gunshot flew through the basement making us all let go of the rope and hide.

"She can't aim for shit" Kie said

"She can't see" I said realising that she was blind "She's blind"

"I don't care if she is, that's buckshot" JJ said standing behind me to protect me and making sure I got out of the basement

"What about John B?" I yelled out

"He'll climb out" JJ said as we all took off running through the yard towards the van. JJ ran into the driver's seat and I jumped in the passenger seat, while Kie, Pope and Sarah got in the back leaving the door open for John B. John B got in the car and was covered in mud and god knows what else but he stunk.

"Are you okay? Are you shot?" JJ asked John B

"I think I'd know if I was shot right?" Kie said

"You look disgusting" I said to my brother "And you smell like ass. What the hell just happened?" I asked the group

"All time pogue hall of fame, baby" JJ cheered

The group was all talking about Mrs. Crain and what just happened but I focused on what John B was playing with in his hand. He rubbed the mud off it and I realised what it was.

"Holy shit. Are you serious?" I asked looking at John B

"We did it baby" John B called out

"Oh my god" JJ yelled back

"Holy shit guys, we're gonna be rich!" I said to my friends

"Like kook rich!" Sarah and Kie said

"Full kook, full kook, full kook" We all cheered