Chapter Eleven

She could hear Kasius speaking from up on that balcony viewing area, proclaiming their wonder to all his guests. Once again, Asia found herself wondering what happened. The Bringer of the End...Had to have done something pretty bad to wind up with a name like that. She couldn't think of what could possibly make her do something like that. Freeze the core of the earth, destroy everything around them. Become suspended in a floating orb of ice above the universe, face contorting in a pain Asia herself had never known.

But there wasn't long to dwell on it. Originally, Asia and Daisy had been brought to opposite doors on the end of the fighting pit - clearly to staged to fight one another. But then, Daisy had been brought around to stand beside her. Asia raised an eyebrow curiously, and Daisy shrugged, equally unsure of what had changed.

"Quake, the Destroyer of Worlds," Kasius announced as the doors slid open. "And Frostbite, the Bringer of the End," the two Inhumans walking out into the open pit, the words humming in her ears. Bringer of the End. Bringer of the End. over and over again, like rhythm of a drum, her heartbeat moving to match it. There was applause from the room above, but Asia couldn't think on it. Across the fighting arena from them stood Sinara, flanked by two Kree guards, arms thick like tree trunks. Guess that was the result of the sudden change of plans.

Above, Asia could see Kasius' mouth moving as he spoke to another Kree man beside him. Her eyes flicked to Leo, to Jemma, over the crowd, then back to him. He pulled out a remote and clicked it, simultaneously pressing a button in front of him. Asia felt the pain of electricity race over her nerves, as a visible wall of orange electricity raised in front of Kasius and his guests. Whatever it was, it was clearly meant to keep their powers from harming anyone viewing the battle.

Suddenly, there was a whirring sound and Asia moved on instinct, shoving Daisy to the side, a large shield of ice blooming over her left forearm as she thrust it up, the two metal balls, deadly as ever, ricocheting off of her her makeshift ramping and smashing into one of the concrete blocks behind them.

"You've got the one, I've got the two?" Asia said, cracking her knuckles as Daisy stood up beside her.

"Yup. Whoever is done first gets the leftovers." Daisy replied, before she charged forward, quake colliding with Sinara and slamming her into the back wall so hard she dropped her weapon of choice. Asia didn't hesitate to charge the two soldiers, freezing their feet into place with hardly a second thought, using her momentum to shove one into the other, their heads cracking as they collided sharply, one's right ankle making a sickening sound that echoed through the ice it was caught in, the clear blue cracking slightly at the force of his weight.

She maneuvered around them, unrelenting as she jabbed and froze and punched until finally she sunk a blade of ice directly through the neck of one of the soldiers. There was no thrill in this, no heat of battle, nothing that felt like she was doing something right. There was no 'right' to be done here; she was battling for sport. So if they wanted a show, she would give it to them.

She didn't know what percentage of a Kree body was made of water, but she knew it was enough. She raised one hand up, knuckles bent sharply as she began to rip the water from his body, the liquid pulling into her, her eyes beginning to glow a light blue as he dropped to the floor dead. She whirled to face Daisy and gave her a quick nod, as her counterpart punched Sinara with the force of a quake.

Asia spun to find Leo, his eyes widened as he saw the glows her own emitted. In an instant, he pulled a pistol from his jacket and Jemma rushed forward, pulling a knife from her sleeve and sliding it across Kasius' throat as Leo's hand slammed down on the button which released the shield. Asia began to grow upwards, water pooling beneath her feet like a stool until she was eye level with the other Kree man as Leo ice'd the others. She raised her hand, ready to drain his life, too, when he reached up, a small silver device in his hand, and suddenly electricity tore over her nerves, fire invading her system.