Chapter Thirteen

The doors to the salvage area where they had met Yoyo were shut when they arrived at them through the dimly lit back halls that Deke guided them through. Daisy knocked on the door, and it was followed only by silence. Asia stepped up, knocking too, and not hearing a thing. She frowned, reaching for that part of her that used to be able to sense the water in the bodies of humans, only to hit a wall, blocked by the device behind her ear. "I thought they would be here," she said, looking at Daisy, a frown on her face. If they weren't here...then where were their friends?

Suddenly, there was movement from inside. "Asia? Daisy?" Coulson's voice, familiar, like the sound of a dinner bell at home, greeted them from behind the doors, as the sound of a latch opening echoed around them. "How did you escape?" He asked, looking between the two of them as he stepped back, allowing them inside the large room.

"Clumsily," Daisy said, pulling Coulson into a hug. Asia had stopped, going back out the door to resume her place as Leo's support, helping him hobble into the room.

"I've got someone you'll want to see," She grinned slightly as their team turned to lay eyes on him, the last one of their group, the one who was 'working on it,' and had worked on it so hard he time traveled. There was an immediate chorus of greetings and rushes forward to give him a hug. "But we need to get him some medical attention." She pushed forward into the room, bringing Leo to a bench.

"How the hell did you get to the future?" Mack asked, following them over to the bench. "How the hell did you invent time travel?" The sound of the door slamming behind them interupted any opportunity of a story. Mack and Coulson whirled to face the sound, Coulson's gun raised, only to find Deke locking the doors behind them.

"This guy?" Mack scoffed. "How the hell did you get you of your cell?" His eyes narrowed as he looked to Deke.

"The hard way. I let myself out, but thanks for the concern, buddy," Deke rolled his eyes right back.

"Well, the gangs all here at least," Yoyo sighed, hands on her hips as she surveyed the room around them. Somehow, they had been thrown into the future and still managed to stick together.

"Except for May," Coulson pointed out, the words weighing heavily on all of them. He turned and looked at Leo. "She was taken to the surface?" He asked, looking at the only person who may have seen what happened.

"Yea," Leo nodded, wincing as Jemma pulled back the shirt from the gash in his lower chest, assessing the damage.

"Okay," Coulson nodded, thinking to himself. "Okay. That's a good thing." He decided it was. If anyone could survive and find the outpost he believed to be there, it'd be May. He needed her to find it, because he had a feeling it was a part of the key to figuring this whole mess out and getting them home. If anyone was capable of surviving there, it was May. She was the most capable of the entire team, and she always had been.

"Hey, I need some alcohol to sanitize this wound," Jemma said, turning and looking up to their Director in question. They had all been around this area much longer than she - they would be the ones to find it.

"Let me ask Flint," Mack said - using a name Asia didn't recognize. "If anyone can scrounge some up, it's him." He turned and walked briskly over towards a darker corner of the room, only for them to hear him start cursing quietly to himself. Whoever Flint was, clearly he was gone.

"Mack?" Asia called out, standing up and starting to head towards him. As much as she wanted to help Leo, she knew Jemma was the one who could help him right now. Medicine outside anything of the basics was not her wheelhouse. Helping find people, though? She could do that.

"Flint, he's gone," Mack said, turning, his voice low and defeated. "He's...ah, well, he's a new Inhuman. Yoyo saved him, then he had to kill someone to save us. And then Tess...Well. All in all, it's been a pretty traumatic day for him. And I think he thinks it's all his fault." Asia frowned, then glanced over her shoulder at Daisy. They understood that feeling all too well.