Chapter TwentySeven

Asia woke in a small room, her clothes changed into something more comfortable, grey Shield sweats and a oversized hoodie, and alone. She sat up, looking around the bunk, before remembering where she has. What they had been doing. Her fingers fluttered up lightly to touch the puckered skin by the device implanted behind her ear, the pain that was there what felt like only moments ago, gone. She wondered vaguely what sort of drugs Jemma had given her to numb that. And then, her mind went to Yoyo and her gut clenched. Fuck her own pain, she had a teammate who was down for the count and she needed to make sure she was okay. That she was alive.

The brunette pushed herself up from the bed, a panic filling her as she lunged for the door, ignoring the remissive spasms of pain that raced over her neck. Ignoring the tall shadow of a man she swore she saw standing in the corner.

She didn't know a lot about the Lighthouse in its current setup, but at least she was able to figure out things like where the main elevator was. Using that, she was able to figure out what floor she was on, and then using that, she was able to navigate her way generally back towards the main hub where the team had met earlier, even if she had taken a couple of panicked wrong turns along the way. And even if those panicked wrong turns along the way made the voice in her head yell at her to remember her training. Except it wasn't a voice in her head, it was right in front of her every time, like a living, breathing person.

She burst into the main hall to find Leo, May, and Coulson there, a large screen with a display in front of them. But her eyes didn't draw to that - they drew to the large bandage running across the side of Leo's head, eyes widening. "What happened?" She asked, taking steps forward in the time it might have taken anyone else to even consider reacting, her hand rising delicately towards the side of his head, then falling back down, not wanting to touch it. He had been okay leaving that facility, she thought at least. The end of things was still blurry, her pain still all too real.

"You've been out for a while," he said, a soft smile on his lips, as he grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'm okay, but there was, er, a bit of an explosion in the basement. We've got a bit of a problem on our hands," he turned and looked towards the screen in front of them, nodding at it. As Asia turned to study it, her eyes widened every so slightly. There was a rift, a floating tare seemingly in the air, black as the void in the fissure.

"What is that?" She asked, eyes narrowing as she stepped forward, taking a closer look at the screen. She had never seen anything else like it. It was terrifying and intriguing all at once.

"I believe this is what happens when three Monoliths explode together all at once," he explained. "It looks to me like a rip in spacetime. There are things happening on subfloors that...they don't make sense. So, don't go down any lower than the bunks unless expressly asked, alright?"

Asia nodded half consciously as she looked at this rip, then looked to the others. "So...what else has happened?" She asked, dancing around the idea of if Yoyo was okay. If Daisy was okay. If everyone was even still here in the time she had been drugged up on the pain killers and passed out in some shitty military grade bunk.

"Yoyo is alive," Coulson said with a nod. "She's with Simmons in the medical wing and Daisy and Deke are getting supplies for her from one of the reserves."

"Deke...?" Asia asked, head tilting. "Unless I got knocked out days ago we don't live in a world where he's born yet. Last I checked."

"Yea, well, time seems to be a really fucked up thing," Coulson said with a shrug. "We're not sure exactly how, but it seems the device we powered up brought him back here, too. So he's with us for now. He already got picked up from the drunk tank so I'd be a little scared to see what else he gets into on his own."