Chapter Forty Eight

There were bright lights above her. Asia blinked, the space around her coming into focus. She was still in the main room, but not where she remembered last being. She was...definitely on a table, but there was a pillow beneath her head, her suit was unzipped enough that someone could get at her heart, and there were blankets tucked around her. Above her, Leo's concerned face came into view.

"There she is," he said softly, running his thumb along her jaw. "I thought I had lost you there for a moment. Don't...don't ever do that again, okay?" his words were soft, just for her, though she knew there were others in the room. He looked at her like there was no one else in the universe.

"What happened?" she asked, reaching up a shaky hand to find his, to wind their fingers together. She could feel his pulse from his palm. Feeling him there and alive felt good, it made her feel good. Him being here was what she needed.

"What's the last thing you remember?" her husband asked her quietly, helping Asia sit up and giving her a glass of water to drink. Behind him, she could see the screens up and running again. Everything in the Lighthouse was functioning once more. This was...both good and bad. It meant things were functioning, but she was also out likely longer than she had imagined.

"I remember...Talbot injected himself. He...we...we got here to save you all. I couldn't let them get to you, Leo. I couldn't.," Asia said quietly, looking over at him. "I couldn't. We have to survive. I'm not...I'm not pregnant yet. At least not that I know of. She has to live, too. All three of us do." She rested a hand over her small, thin stomach. She knew some day it would swell, that something would be alive inside of her. "And I can't lose you again. Not another time."

"How do you know, love? Our daughter could be growing in you already and it's just too early to tell, that's the whole science of it all. Aren't you the one who enjoys watching those trash TV shows where the women sometimes don't know they're pregnant?" Leo smirked, leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "But we can have Jemma do some testing when we get Coulson back, if you would like."

"Get...Coulson back?" Asia asked, her brow furrowing. "I...what do you mean?" When she had passed out from the overuse of her powers, he had been there, on the ground, safe and well and alive. Her heart lurched at the thought that any of them hadn't made it. That it hadn't been enough. But he had been there. He was right there. Her eyes were filled with confusion as she gazed over at her husband.

"Talbot...Talbot took him. We're working on figuring out where, but it's likely to the ship that's currently orbiting Earth still," Leo explained, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, a knowing look on his face. "And I already know what you're going to say. Yes, we're getting the ship ready. Yes, I'm making sure your suit is ready. Yes," he kissed her gently on the lips. "I know you will be going after him, and I will be staying here."

Asia had the decency to blush, smiling over at Leo. "You know me, too well even."

"I would like to think I do by now, love," he grinned back. "Here, let's see if you can stand up. I need to get a good idea of how much that took out of you. Walking is...well, it's a basic start, but it's a start."

Asia rolled her eyes but slid off the table. "Want me to say by ABC's backwards too? I can do that for you if it helps." She stood, then moved, bouncing on one leg, walking in a straight line, then dropping into a ballet position. "I feel fine, Leo. I promise. I would tell you if I wasn't." She stepped back towards him, holding her hands out to grab his. "So....tell me what I need to know."

"Look who's up," A voice, a familiar voice, called from across the room. Asia spun on her heel, turning and see Daisy standing in the door, hands on her hips. Daisy. She was finally back. "Ready to suit up?"