Chapter 2 - Seperate Lives.

Mark got into the back of Johnny's car and rubbed his face, his eyes now tired from the salt water, the black leather seats of Johnny's car slightly burning his naked back. Haechan climbed in next to him wincing slightly at the heat inside of the car, leaving a trail of sand in the footwell and on the seats as he sat down.

Jaehyun, who was sat in the passenger seat turned back and returned Haechans shoes one by one, as Johnny worked out a route home. However Marks attention was outside, looking off into the sunset and he was reminded of Y/N's beauty. He squirmed slightly as he reminded himself of how her H/C hair was resting in sweet curls on her shoulders and the way her E/C eyes seemed to twinkle as she looked at him.

A vibration in his lap, brought him out of his daze. He picked up his phone and turned the screen towards him, the brightness slightly hurting his tired eyes and he squinted in retaliation.

'I'm home safe. unfortunately for u.' It read, Mark giggled quietly at her sarcasm and replied, 'that sucks, text u later." He sighed and shut his phone off as he looked up and back out the window. Johnny catching Marks face in the mirror with an unreadable expression.

——————————————————————

"I'm home." Y/N called out. "In here." Abi replied.

Y/N followed her voice to the kitchen leaving her sandy shoes by the door and enjoying the cool air of the apartment on her warm skin. Brushing off any missed sand onto the tiled floor, she stretched and rubbed her scalp once again this time wincing.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Y/N questioned as she stood in the doorway leaning her right side of her body onto the frame, finally letting her body relax, watching her flat mate cook despairingly over the stove. Her was hair was dishevelled, she was still in her pyjamas at eight pm and yesterdays makeup still clung to her face.

"He's moved on," she says getting choked up, "already." Y/N made her way to Abi and hugged her, "He's a dick, he didn't deserve you anyway." She comforts confidently as Abi breaks down in her arms, rubbing her back soothingly and slightly swaying from left to right. She pulls away and calms down, wiping her eyes with the sleeves of her pyjama top, sighing out of relief.

"How was the beach? How was Mark?" She questions as Y/N smiles at the mention of his name. "Yeah it wasn't too bad, you should've come with us." Abi nodded in acknowledgment, and continued tending to her pasta. "You didn't answer my second question." She says giving a slight smile and a side eye.

Y/N rolled her eyes, expecting teasing because of her new found crush. "He's fine, we had fun, we stuck together most of the day." Y/N said, shrugging, slightly disappointed and turning around ready to head out. "Oh for goodness sake, why don't you just make a move instead of waiting?" Abi says wiping her nose with a tissue and then turning off the stove.

"Because..." She begins, picking at her nails and choosing her answer carefully, "..because I don't know if he feels the same." Y/N says beginning to walk off, already having enough of the conversation. Abi huffed in slight frustration with her flat mate, as she turned back to plate her food.