Chapter 5 - A Pick Me Up.

Y/N pushed the door to her apartment and steps in, tempted to slam the door behind her, but soon deciding against it for the sake of her neighbours. She drops her bag of her shoulder and onto the hardwood floor and rakes both her hands through her H/C hair, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes as her back sinks agains the door, her shirt slightly riding up her back whilst doing so.

Her stray hairs clung to her forehead as the rain outside had drenched her from walking back from the car and to her front door.The tips of her fingers burned a bright pink from the cold and the ache in her knuckles slowly began to soothe as her apartment's heat surrounded her.

As a tear trailed down her left cheek, she picked her phone up from next to her and noticed Mark's text from this morning.
'oh okay, no worries, text me when u are free ig'
Deciding that texting wasn't enough, she called him shaking slightly, the warmth of her apartment not engulfing her quick enough, as her left hand retreated into her sleeve.

Y/N laid her head back against the door, sniffing slightly, listening to the phone ring. "Hello?" Mark says, sounding a little flustered.

—————————————————————

"Dude! Dude! Dude!" Mark exclaims as he jogs down the hall, his hair swaying slightly with his movements and meeting Johnny halfway. "Look!" He says flustered, turning his phone around and showing Johnny his phone. The screen lit up with Y/N's name at the top, along with a picture of them both when they were younger, as a mediocre ringtone emitted from the device. "Well answer it then." Johnny deadpans, pushing the phone back towards Mark.

"Hello?" He says, his breath somewhat shallow. "Y/N?" He says again, not getting a response a from her before. "Hey, uh," She begins as Mark hears her shaky breath. "Are you free. At least to talk?" She asks, Mark's heart clenching at the idea of her being upset. "Of course- I mean," Mark starts, looking to Johnny for the go ahead, only to receive a nod in approval, "you want me to come over?" Mark questions.

Marks shoulders tensed as he waited for her answer, looking to Johnny and seeing a proud smile on his face. "Please?" She says quietly, letting out a breath as Marks shoulders relaxed from her answer. "Okay, I'll be there soon." Mark finishes as he turns to Johnny with a boxy smile on his face. "I need u to drive me." Mark says looking him in the eye expectantly.

Johnny rolls his eyes, walking away to find his keys while mumbling something under his breath about Mark needing to learn himself.