Chapter 4 - Confessions.

Y/N pulled up to the side walk, jolting slightly with the car's movement, eventually rubbing her temples, still not caught up with any sleep she had missed the other night. Leaning to her left, about to grasp the handle to open the door, she stopped and faced forward hearing her phone go off, picking it up from her lap and turning over.

The screen lit up, revealing a notification from Mark,
"hey, u busy? wanna meet?"
The message read. She silently cursed herself for having to turn him down.
"can't" she started,
"my coworkers sick and they need me to fill in" she replied. Y/N waits for a response as she watches the three blue dots dance at the left of her screen.
"oh okay, no worries, text me when u are free ig" He replies.

Y/N huffs, turning to the passenger seat, picking up the lip balm that had fallen out of her bag into the footwell before putting the bag over her shoulder and getting out of the car.

——————————————————————

"So?" Johnny asked, casually walking down the hall and through to the living room, still drying his hair with a towel as water droplets fell onto his shoulder. "She can't, she's been called into work." He says, sucking in a sharp breath, finding it hard to admit. Johnny stops rubbing the towel against his hair and stares at his friend, "Well did you make a time to meet up with her?" He questions, now folding his arms over his bare chest, leaving the towel to drape over his right shoulder. "No." Mark says, suddenly feeling deflated.

Johnny stares at him in disbelief. "Are you serious?" Mark stares at him blankly. "Call her, arrange to meet up with her," he starts, before smiling smugly. "Didn't she say her roommate was out of town? I'd follow up on that if I were you." Johnny comments shrugging, walking over to the fridge and peering inside.

Mark blushes at the thought. "N-no," Mark starts, scratching at the back of his neck, the conversation now making him awkward. "I don't want that, n-not yet at least, I love her." Mark finishes, leaning back into the couch, finally meeting Johnny's intense gaze as he takes a sip out of the can he retrieved from the fridge. "Okay," Johnny trails of slowly, leaning his shoulder against the wall, "Well then you gotta ask her on a date." He suggests, turning to the counter behind him and setting down his drink.

Mark stood up abruptly, raking both his hands through his hair, making Johnny roll his eyes once again. "Are you serious!?" Mark questions. "I don't know what you from me, Mark." Johnny says, keeping his cool with the younger one. "If you wanna date her, you have to ask her on a date," he starts, "I'm trying to help you as much as I can here." Johnny says walking up to Mark and putting his hand on his shoulder, in hopes of offering some comfort.

Mark thought about it for a moment, turning away from Johnny and looking to the TV despite nothing interesting being on, before sitting back down on the couch, hanging his head. Mark knew he was right, but his heart sank at the idea of loosing their friendship, all because he put his feelings before Y/N's.

"Listen, this is a hard situation you're in, but all I can say is that you can't keep torturing yourself like this," Johnny states, looking over at him, his hair was astray and slightly greasy, he'd been wearing the same basketball shorts for three days now and the bags under his eyes were darker than ever, "You're letting yourself go because of it." Johnny finishes, sitting next to Mark.

"Just go for it." Johnny says, his left arm reaching to hook around Mark's shoulders. "But what if-." "If. If, Mark. You have to prepared to take that risk, dude." Johnny says, nudging him slightly, as Mark sat in their silence.