Chapter 7 - A Sticky Situation Part Two.

Sunlight seeped through the velvet curtain as the faint ticking of the clock could be heard throughout the apartment. The rustle of a bag brought Mark out of his slumber as he soon realised he fell asleep with his hand in a chip packet. Pulling his hand out of the bag and wiping it down his shirt before leaning his head back against the couch once again, eager to get back to sleep after experiencing the dry sensation is his eyes.

Y/N jolts slightly at the movement of Mark beside her as she opens her eyes and sits forward slightly, neck aching from sleeping improperly. Her right hand reaches up to rub the back of her neck as she turns her attention to Mark's lazy form to her left. She smiles slightly at his appearance, his entire body was sprawled across the rest of the couch, much like his hair across his face, his mouth was slightly ajar as soft, tired breaths escaped his lips.

Y/N's smile fades slightly as she remembers the night before. She rubs her hands down her face as recalls the awkwardness of the situation. Their lips were mere inches apart, heads tilting slightly to accommodate one another's touch. Her right hand slid up Mark's arm to rest on his shoulder as Marks hand settled on her forearms, far too tentative to rest on her waist, both ready to pull one another closer, only to have their moment ruined by the sudden call of a phone.

The tension hung heavy upon them both as Mark made his way back from the kitchen, phone in hand, huffing out of frustration. Silence fell upon them both, each of them reluctant to establish the previous incident. Both of them attempting to distract themselves from one another, in hopes of eliminating the tension.

Marks eyes open slightly, his pupils adjusting to the soft light of the room as he lifts his head up from the couch, a dizzy sensation coming over him. His attention soon shifts over to Y/N as he realises she is no longer sleeping on her side but instead sat up with her back to him, her hair tangled and astray, he smiles at her tired hunched form as she watches her stretch slightly, her aching bones cracking slightly at the new movement. Pulling his attention away from her he picks up his phone from beside him and checks the time.

"Oh my god!" Mark gasps as he sits up abruptly startling the woman in front of him. "Mark, what the fuck!?" She questions as she clutches her chest, heart racing from the scare. "Sorry! Sorry!" Mark says flustered, "I'm late!" He says as he begins to move around the living room gathering his belongings quickly. "Late for what?" She asks calmly despite her quickened heart rate.

"I said I would meet the guys for work at 8:30 and it's already 9:13," He says, distressed at the idea of letting his friends down, "I'm so sorry but I have to go and quick" He finishes, stopping his movement and looking her in the eye, disappointment obvious as he wasn't about to have the morning he wanted with her.

"Do you need a lift?" Y/N starts, pulling the blanket off her legs and standing up to help Mark pack his remaining belongings, "I can drive you, I have to pick up Abi soon anyway." She says, running her hands through her H/C hair before putting her hands on her hips. Mark thinks about it for a moment before answering. "No it's fine, I can walk." He says out of breath from packing his things.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind, Mark." She says trying to persuade him. "It's fine, seriously. Don't wanna hassle you." He decides as he slings his backpack over his shoulder and makes his way to the front door with Y/N. Mark eagerly wraps his fingers around the handle but stops once he feels a gentle hand pull his shoulder back slightly, "Mark." She says softly.

"Yeah?" He questions, his previous urgency now completely deflated as he fixates on her features. The soft skin of her cheeks shone a rosy red and the top of her nose had a perfect pink tint. She had an effortless glow about her despite having just woken up and her hair was aloof with baby hairs that stuck to her forehead. Instead of replying, she wraps her arms around his shoulders and hugs him, her eyes closing lightly. Mark reciprocates her affection and envelopes his arms around her waist, rubbing her back soothingly with his right hand.

A few moments go by as they pull away from each other slightly instead looking each other in the eyes. "Thank you," She says, fighting the urge to caress his cheek. "Of course," He starts, looking deeply into her E/C eyes. "Always." He finishes as he tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear and smiling slightly, before pulling away completely and turning to the door once more.