Chapter 12 - Morning After.

Mark hunched over the toilet, hands clasped to the side of it as he leant on his knees, any closer and his head would have been in the bowl. Y/N rubs his back soothingly from next him as his body violently convulses with each wave of nausea, grunts and heavy breaths echoing within the bathroom. "Did you take the painkillers I left you?" Y/N questions him slightly, concern laced in her voice as watches him intently. Mark shakes his head 'no' before pulling away from the toilet and leaning against the tiled wall of the bathroom, breathless and shaking slightly as Y/N returns with the pills she had placed on the coffee table the night before. Handing them to him as well as some water, she sits down opposite him cross legged.

"Oh dear," She says, somewhat amused as she smiles softly at him, "Look at you." She finishes, he had last nights outfit on, minus the dress shoes, the navy suit jacket as well as the matching tie and waist coat. His hair was now disheveled from sleep and greasy from the copious amounts of hair gel he had used the previous morning to style his hair, he sat slumped against the wall, head back as he stares up towards the ceiling watching as a few flies swirl around the light in the middle of the ceiling before shutting his eyes firmly every now and again from the dizziness. "I'll let you finish up in here and I'll make you something light for breakfast." She says as she stands up, patting Mark on the shoulder slightly as she gets up and makes her way to the kitchen.

She decides on toast, something light, not too sickly and will fill him up if his gut decides to digest it. Her attention soon begins to drift off as her eyes follow Mark watching him walk from the bathroom back to living room, before sitting down in his previous spot, looking rather sorry for himself. Y/N turns her body to him watching the back of his head roll back as he stretches, while she remembers last night, how her body was seamlessly perched atop of his, the way he held her, so tender yet so full of passion and the way their lips nearly collided in a kiss, only for him to purposefully miss. She wondered if he had remembered, if the booze hadn't already erased any recollection of the night before. Should she even say anything?

"Do you-uh," She started heart rate picking up slightly, "Do you remember anything from last night?"

————————————————————————

"Do you- uh, do you remember anything from last night?" Y/N's voice sounds from the kitchen, Mark attempts to listen in, his dizziness making it difficult. He thinks for a second, rubbing his hands over his face, before responding. "Not really," He chuckles slightly. "Why? Anything I should remember?" He questions knowingly, as memories of the kiss vaguely crowds his mind. Leaning back slightly into the couch, he listens to the sound of the toaster popping as well as a surprised gasp from Y/N before she replies absentmindedly. "No, no." She says with a nonchalant chuckle, as she hands Mark a plate before sitting down next to him.

"Johnny texted earlier," She begins looking out of the window opposite them, "He'll be here in an hour or so to pick you up." She finishes as she offers him a sincere smile.