Social Anxiety

A.N. This was requested by my amazing best friend Purplerebel4ever so thanks for requesting, bestie, and I hope you enjoy it!

Synopsis: About a week after the house was rebuilt and everyone got their gifts back and Bruno moved back in with his family, Bruno is feeling some very intense social anxiety when people try to talk to him (I mean, same, Bruno. Same. I also hate it when people try to talk to me.)

TW: Slight panic attack

———————————————————————

            Things have really been looking up for la familia Madrigal ever since the incident with the magic. The incident that fixed their family, at least a little bit. The incident that brought back the family member they had all shunned for an entire decade.

            Alma has loosened up a bit, Isabela was no longer stuck being perfect, Luisa wasn't carrying so much pressure anymore, Mirabel finally felt like she belonged in the family, and Bruno... well, Bruno was living with the family again. And not in the walls! Yet, he was scared. Scared he might say or do the wrong thing and they would cast him out or shun him again.

            "Bruno! Good morning, hermano!" Julieta greeted Bruno as he walked into the kitchen.

            "Good morning, Julieta." Bruno said shyly and anxiously.

            Julieta was just about to say something else when Pepa walked into the kitchen as well, greeting her siblings. "¡Hola, mis hermanos!"

            "Good morning, Pepa!" Julieta said enthusiastically as Bruno gave a small wave, slightly looking at his sisters, yet not making eye contact with either one of them.

A few minutes later, Mirabel walked into the kitchen, "morning, Mamá!" She looked at Bruno and Pepa as she greeted them as well, "Tío Bruno. Tía Pepa."

"Morning, mi sobrina." Pepa greeted her niece.

            "Morning, Mirabel." Bruno said somewhat quietly.

            One by one, everyone in the family arrived to the kitchen, greeting everyone else in their family, including Bruno. Everyone kept trying to talk to him, which was something he wasn't used to. In fact, he was used to people wanting him to shut up and not want to be anywhere near him.

            Bruno felt highly uncomfortable and anxious, so when he finally got the chance, he slipped out of the room, without anyone noticing, breathing heavily.

            He didn't know what to do. It felt like he couldn't breathe. He went upstairs and kinda hid behind the plant where he and Mirabel had that discussion about Mirabel having to go hug Isabela to help the family miracle about a week prior to this.

            Meanwhile, the rest of the family was setting the table and getting ready for breakfast, talking and laughing like families do sometimes, when Mirabel noticed that her uncle was nowhere to be found.

           'Where's Tío Bruno?' She thought to herself. She looked over at everyone in her family setting the table and noticed none of them were watching, as they were all to distracted, so she slipped away to go find her uncle.

            "Tío Bruno?" She whispered, searching for Bruno.

            It didn't take long for her to find him hiding behind that plant. "Tío Bruno, are you okay?"

            Bruno didn't say anything, so Mirabel just reached down and grabbed his hand and pulled him up and led him to her bedroom, the nursery.

            "Maybe I should've stayed in hiding..." Bruno said suddenly, after Mirabel closed the door behind them and he sat down on the bed.

            "Hey, no, everyone is thrilled that you're back! What's going on?" Mirabel asked as she sat down on the bed next to him.

            "I guess I've just been gone for so long that I'm scared... of saying the wrong thing... scared that everyone will just... want me gone again..." Bruno admitted, not looking at Mirabel.

            "Tío Bruno... you don't have to worry about that. We're your family, and we love you." Mirabel placed a hand on Bruno's shoulder. "None of us want to lose you again."

            Bruno finally looked at Mirabel, "really?"

            "Really." Mirabel smiled at him.

            "Thanks, Mirabel. I'm ready to go out there and socialize, finally, after ten years." Bruno laughed nervously, earning a light laugh from Mirabel as well.

            "Yeah, there's a lot to catch up on."

—————————————————————————

A.N. Sorry if this is bad! Because I... well, I really don't have a good reason as to why this would be bad, but if I did, you'd be like, "oh, yeah, this is bad because that's a good reason."

(References are fun.)

¡Adiós!