All Just A Dream

A.N. This was requested by Vissamarichat.

Synopsis: Mirabel has a nightmare and Camilo comforts her.

———————————————————————

Mirabel jolted awake in a cold sweat, tears silently streaming down her face.

"It was just a dream..." she said quietly to herself, as if trying to convince herself it was actually just a dream. "Everything's fine..."

Mirabel kept muttering to herself, trying to calm herself down, but nothing seemed to be working.

That's when the door to the nursery opened slowly and quietly, startling her. The door opened and Mirabel visibly relaxed a bit when she saw it was just her slightly older cousin.

"Hey, Mira, you okay?" Camilo asked, entering the nursery and closing the door behind him.

"Camilo... yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Mirabel answered, still breathing heavily, heart still pounding.

"You sure?" Camilo asked, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Mirabel.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare..." Mirabel said.

"Wanna talk about it?" Camilo asked.

"Well..." Mirabel explained her nightmare to him because the author can't think of a good nightmare idea.

"That sounds awful." Camilo said.

Mirabel nodded, "it was."

"But hey, don't worry. It was just a nightmare. None of it was real. Everything's okay." Camilo tried his best to comfort his cousin.

"Yeah, you're right. It's funny, I was just telling myself that literally right before you walked in here." Mirabel said. "Hey, what are you doing up this late anyway?"

"Oh, Dolores and I were just talking in my room, when Dolores heard you muttering to yourself, then she told me, then I came over here to make sure you were okay." Camilo answered.

"How often do you and Dolores just stay up way later than you should be?" Mirabel asked, genuinely curious.

"I'd say about..." Camilo trailed off, thinking, "five nights a week, give or take."

"Wow." Mirabel chuckled slightly.

"Yeah, it's just a nice brother-sister conversation." Camilo paused. "Not really, we just talk about random stuff and try not to laugh too loud so we don't accidentally wake anyone up."

Mirabel laughed lightly. "Sounds fun."

"Yeah. You should join us sometime." Camilo said, standing up from the bed.

"Yeah, I'll take that into consideration." Mirabel said.

"So, you sure you're okay?" Camilo asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Mirabel nodded, smiling at her cousin.

"Good." Camilo hugged her. "Now, get back to sleep."

Mirabel nodded, hugging Camilo back. "Sí, gracias. Buenas noches, primo."

With that, Camilo left the room, and Mirabel slowly drifted back to sleep.

—————————————————————————

A.N. I hope you all enjoyed this one-shot! Sorry it was short!

¡Adiós!