Unexpected emotions

Chapter 1

" = speech
' = thoughts/thinking

Russia's point of view:

'A party. A social gathering of invited guests at a private home, for conversation, refreshments, entertainment, etc. A place to enjoy oneself thoroughly and without restraint. For most people that's the common definition that comes to mind. I hate parties. I hate crowded spaces and crowded things. I hate the noise. Especially the noise of loud mouths. To put it short, parties just aren't for me.'

' I hate people. Lately I've seemed to notice people becoming more annoying, or maybe I'm just becoming angrier. I like being alone because I have control over my own shit. No one can hurt me this way and no one can tell me what to do. To put it short, company just isn't for me.'

'And yet here I am, at a party, standing out on the balcony with a cigarette in one hand and a bottle in the other after an argument I had inside. What I thought was gonna be a good idea turned out to be a nightmare. Canada's a good host for sure, but god his brother is the biggest fucking nuisance. An annoying, unintelligent, ignorant, brainless irritant. Sure I'm being biased as fuck contigent on the disapprobation we share towards each other, but if you ask anyone else the majority of countries will at least agree that he's annoying to some extent. You can't blame me for fighting back. The guy literally called me "short" . A minuscule, stubby, teeny-weeny man had the audacity to call me short.'

'Okay okay maybe pummelling his stomach until he was on his knees, wheezing, catching his breath and clutching onto his shirt was a bit dramatic of me to do but he should be thankful the alcohol in his system possibly helped with the pain. But I do feel bad, for myself for running out like a dastard to the balcony instead of continuing to party and ignoring him.'

Germany's point of view :

'This place is too loud. It's all too loud. The people, the music, the internal and external noise is just too much. Oh god why did I agree to come. I need to find a place. I need to find a quiet place. I need to find a place to hide!'

I looked around frantically. My eyesight fading.

'Focus Germany, focus! Okay I'm in a corner. There's too many crowds I can't see! Oh god oh god!'

I was about to cry when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and a soft voice that brought me back to my senses.I looked up and seen the familiar face of a country I could barely make out.

"You alright ger? You don't look too good."
Ireland spoke.

"..H-HIDE! I need a place to hide! It's too loud!"
I said as I raised my voice.

"There's a bathroom upstairs, the front door or the balcony"
He said as he raised his arm, his finger pointing in each direction of the words he spoke.

"Do you want me to come with you?"
He questioned.

'BALCONY THERE'S A BALCONY!' "Thank you Ireland thank you!"
I yelled back as I started running, pushing through the crowd towards the two glass doors. Ireland struggling to try follow behind as the crowd was swallowing us.

After what felt like years I finally made it to the doors and swung them open, closing them behind me. I rushed to the wooden railing, gripping it with my two hands as I stared into the distance to nowhere in particular. Taking deep and heavy breaths I finally felt safe.

"Jeez, I regret coming here."
I spoke to myself.

"Tell me about it."
A voice came out of nowhere.

I feverishly looked around until a tall silhouette came into view on my left. It was Russia. His elbow alighted on the railing as he too was looking out into the distance. His knuckles were bruised with a worn out look plastered on his physiognomy. I hadn't realised I was staring so long.

"O-Oh! Yeah um it's just too loud for me"
I said timidly.

"Mhm."
He responded. Not looking at me once. His eyes stayed incredibly still. The awkward silence lingering.

"I didn't know you smoked."
I spoke up in an attempt to break the ice. "When did you start?"
I queried.

His response was as cold as his features. "Don't know."

The awkward silence once again making its appearance.

"What subjects do we have on Monday?"
Russia suddenly spoke. He looked me in the eyes for the first time since I came out here.

"Ummm. Maths, geography, biology, chemistry, engineering and art."
I replied looking right back at him.

He once again responded with zero interest in continuing.
"Okay."
He looked away once again.

I felt myself shiver as the cold air of the night kicked in. I instinctively crossed my arms and rested my hands on my elbows as I let out a silent sigh. Within seconds I suddenly felt a heavy yet warm fabric embrace my head and shoulders. At the same time, two arms appeared either side of me. As I tried looking up, I found Russia's head gently resting on top of mine, his coat which he was still wearing wrapped around my torso and hips while his arms once again perched on the railing in front of us. I felt my face heat up with embarrassment.

"I-"
before I could even begin to speak he cut me off.

"You're obviously cold, I'm just helping and nothing more. Don't think of this as anything weird or take it in the wrong way. We're not friends."
His response still as cold and unemotional as ever.

But I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't stop my heart as it skipped beats.

'Why do I feel like this? What's wrong with me?'

{special thanks to TheUnitedKingdomm  for helping me with my spelling and replacing a few words with bIG words I don't know the meaning of ((: love ya ;3;}