Should've lowered my expectations

Chapter 2

" = speech
' = thoughts/thinking

Russia's point of view:

And just like that the weekend had elapsed. My Sunday was of course spent tackling a hangover and before I knew it I was back in the hell hole known as school. I kept reminding myself that this is the last year left, that fact is the only thing keeping me from losing my balance of mind. My opinion of school is similar to my opinion of parties, they're both filled with annoying people.

As I walked through the back entry of the school and towards my locker I reminded myself about my prestigious reputation that I needed to keep up. Over the last five years on no occasion have I ever gotten into any conflicts, and I plan on retaining it that way so I can have a smooth departure without any attention being on me.

"Oh for fucks sake.."
I muttered below my breath as I reached my locker. I had forgotten his locker was just beneath mine.

"Big guy! you really went all out on me Saturday night huh?"
America chuckled as he swung an arm upon my shoulder.

I desired to give him a swift kick to his jaw then and there. But in school I'm a simple and uncomplicated person, meanwhile outside school grounds I could truly be myself and not give a fuck about anyone or anything. I blundered last night when I allowed my true colours to be put on show. 'Fuck what if he tells people what I did to him?! They'll talk shit and I'll never be spoken to again. It took too many years to build up this image, and I'm not about to lose it to a braindead capitalist. I have no choice but to lose my dignity and pride to him if I'm gonna stay under the radar.'

"Oh god yeah ahaha so sorry about that man I had too much to drink."
I acknowledged with a smile. A painfully forced smile.

"No worries bro no worries, but in return, as compensation you have to have lunch with me!~"
He responded with a shit eating grin.

I was ready to answer in a happy go fucking lucky tone when a small voice interfered.

"H-Hi sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say thank you for calling me a cab at the party Russia. Are you free after school? There's this new café that opened up and I was wondering if you'd want to come with?"
Germany said quietly with a gentle smile.

"Hah! What's this? I never knew you two were so close how cutee!~"
America said teasingly and loudly. Too fucking loud. Too. Fucking. Loud.

"O-Oh we're just-"
Germany began to speak.

I glanced around apprehensively at the many faces and eyes that were now glued to us. 'FUCK!! WHY ARE THEY LOOKING?! I CANT LET ANY FUCKING RUMOURS GO AROUND ABOUT ME.' I spoke up and cut Germany off.

"Close? Pfft I've never even spoken to the guy, he was passed out drunk so I called a taxi to get him home safe that's all."
I said with a hint of nervousness and obvious frustration in my tone.

Germany's point of view:

'What on earth is he saying? That never happened...did I do something wrong..??' I stood still with discomfort and embarrassment as their conversation continued like I was never there.

"Aww Russia bro that's such a nice thing to do! You're the type of guy I'd trust to hold my drink"
America said with admiration as everyone else began to compliment him.

After a few minutes everyone walked towards our first class, but I didn't move. 'Why would he lie..? I wasn't passed out. Does he regret being nice to me..?....I really should've lowered my expectations. I got excited over nothing.' I managed to drag myself through the hallways and towards the math classroom. As the class progressed I couldn't tear my eyes away from America and Russia sitting next to each other and chatting like two best friends.

Although I've never really spoken to Russia the past five years we've been in school together I noticed how different he was at the party. He was so cold and quiet then. Where as now he's so happy and chatty. 'Maybe I did do something wrong, but no matter how hard I think back to that night I can't remember anything bad happening. We talked, he warmed me up and then called me a cab home.'

Thinking back to that moment when he embraced me made my face heat up. But why is he so different now? Maybe it was the alcohol that made him act like that. So many questions with no answers. As I was drowning in my own sorrowful thoughts I felt something hit my head. I jumped in surprise and looked around to find a small paper plane in front of me. 'What is this primary school?' I thought as I began to unravel the paper.

'W-What the hell?! Who on earth would write this??'

{ Find out what the note said neXt chaPter gottem with that cliff hanger (((((; }