Another party

Chapter 5

" = speech
' = thoughts/thinking

[[ Small recap from chapter 3 when it was Germany's point of view so you don't have to click back to it ]] :

"You should stay with us. I wouldn't sit next to America and Russia, you'd basically be third wheeling ahaha"
Finland said as he rolled his eyes with a smirk. The rest of the group gave out laughs upon hearing him.

"They're dating?? Since when?!"
I said aloud before quickly regretting how surprised I had made myself sound.

"Well.." Finland began.

—————————————————————————-

[[ Back to current day ]] :

Germany's point of view:

"Well..."
Finland began. He looked around discreetly as if he was concerned about people who may have been listening in to our discussion.

"Canada's been telling people they're together."
He said in a whisper.

"But then again they haven't actually confirmed it themselves so we can't really jump to any conclusions. Rumours are rumours at the end of the day."
Ireland retorted.

The bell rang out. It felt like lunch had only lasted 5 minutes. Nonetheless, everyone stood up and shuffled out in crowds. The upcoming class we have is art. I love art! It's one of my favourite classes so I was really anticipating it. After I had gathered the books I needed for the next two classes out of my locker I quickly made my way towards the art room.

[[ Authors note: Fun fact, The art room described below is the one we have in my school irl :) ]]

The art room itself was aesthetically pleasing to me. It was enormous and had three unique segments with windows all around. On the far left there are multiple desks, chairs and a whiteboard with a projector. On the days we studied art history or did written work we sit here.

In the middle there are multiple huge canvas stands placed neatly in a circle. On days we drew models or items from different angles we sit here.

And finally, on the far right of the room there are long tables with tall chairs. On the days we use clay, lino printing or painting, we sit here. We all sat on the far left as Hong Kong explained to us all about the new project we'll be working on.

"Today we will be working with geometric shapes. I want you all to draw a self portrait and to re-imagine your form through geometrical patterns and shapes. You will all have two classes to complete your work, today's class and Tomorrow's class. That's two hours altogether. For the first hour I want you all just to sketch out a base. Then, tomorrow is when the colour will be done. You can use watercolour paint, acrylic paint, or oil pastels. I recommend using the pastels. Take your art packs and make your way to the far right."
She said in a bubbly voice.

As we all left our chairs with our art packs in hand, we made our way over to the long rectangular tables and tall chairs. Everyone had already decided what table they wanted to sit on and who they were going to sit next to. France, Italy and I all exchanged glances and all gave a small nod too. Indicating to one another that we were going to sit next to each other. But sadly that plan was ruined.

"Now, before you all sit down I have arranged a seating plan because certain countries do more talking than working."
She said as her eyes darted for a second to Japan. Japan gave a small shrug and she laughed a little.

"Sitting in the front row will be America, Estonia, Switzerland, India and New Zealand."
It was obvious to everyone that she had just chosen randomly.

As the first 5 countries sat down she named out the next 5.
"France, The United Kingdom, Mexico, Sweden and Ireland."
Sweden and Ireland high fived before sitting in their assigned seats next to each other.

"And on the last row will be Estonia, Finland, Italy, Germany and Russia. I'll be at my desk correcting work, if anyone needs any help just raise your hand."
She finished as she walked back towards the left side of the class. Estonia and Finland both ran to sit down next to each other.

I was stuck sitting with Italy on my right and Russia on my left. Thankfully it wasn't too awkward, everyone focused on their work. Italy and France were the first ones to finish. France stood up and moved her chair to face Italy. She sat down as they started to have a conversation. Russia was the next to finish. I finished soon after and glanced over at his drawing. But just as I did I instantly regretted doing so.

"What?"
Russia said in a seemingly angry tone, almost as if I was judging his picture.

"N-nothing I just think your drawing is good."
I said as I quickly returned my vision to my own drawing.

Russia's point of view :

'I think my heart just skipped twenty fucking beats.' No one has ever praised me for my art before. Let alone someone like him who's good at everything.' I struggled to find any fucking words. I wanted to apologise for purposely ignoring him. I wanted to ask him how he was feeling after the incident in Eu's class. I wanted to compliment him back. I just wanted to talk to him.

"Why are you dressed like that?"
And with that ladies and gentlemen, the think before you fucking say award goes tooooo

"I uhm..."
Germany said as he nervously scanned the clothes in which he was wearing with his eyes.

"I-I always wear a shirt..."
He replied as he looked down in a mix of humiliation and sadness.

"N-NO! I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!"
I suddenly yelled without realising. I quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed but thankfully everyone was chatting away and minding their own business.

"Sorry. I meant to say that you look nice. The blue sweater you wear over your shirt matches your eyes.."
I said in a low voice embarrassingly.

"Oh! Thanks."
Germany said as he looked away slightly with a smile. Moving his arm up and over his shoulder, he rubbed the back of his head with his hand as he spoke.

I was worried our conversation would end then and there but thankfully it didn't.
"So..are you doing anything after school today?"
Germany inquired eagerly.

"No."
I replied. Keeping it short and sweet so I didn't run my mouth and say something dumb.

"I tried to ask you earlier but America kinda got in the way..(Refer to chapter 2 )..there's this new café that opened up just down the street and I was wondering if you'd want to come with me?"
Germany asked with a bright smile.

'IS THIS A DATE? HE'S TOTALLY ASKING ME ON A DATE RIGHT?' No no no. I need to stop overthinking it. Just as I was about to respond I noticed America was staring at me with a shit eating grin. 'FUCK. HOW LONG HAS HE BEEN LOOKING? WHAT IF HE HEARD?'

"Uh no sorry I can't. But Canada said he's hosting another party at his house this Friday so I'll see you there?"
I. Fucking. Hate. Parties. What. Is. Actually. Wrong. With. Me.

NANI?! TWO CHAPTERS IS TWO DAYS? Now that's a record lolololol