six

You were standing in the middle of a flower field during a thunderstorm. Not the smartest idea on your behalf, but you weren't in control of yourself.

You began to run towards a treehouse on the edge of the paddock, rain drenching you.

Finally making it to the shelter of the tall dark oak tree that held the makeshift treehouse, you hastily climbed up it, calling out a name you hadn't heard in what could've been years.

The wrap-around porch creaked under your weight, the door that led inside already slightly open. The lock looked like it had been broken into, wooden splinters littering the entryway.

Concern filled your heart as you called her name, much softer this time. Pushing open the door with your foot, you were greeted with a torn apart room.

The couch had many rips and tears in it. The table had been flipped onto its side, missing half a leg. The small bookshelf had been pushed over, books surrounding the nearby floor.

This couldn't have been the work of the wind but of a human.

Small, rapid breathing caught your attention, located behind the door. Immediately turning your attention, you were shocked into silence by the sight.

There she sat, the love of your life drenched in her own blood, drowning in her sorrows.

Niki, impaled by a knife, begging for your help.

-

It had to of been early in the morning, around 6 am. The sun was still low in the sky, not ready to make its journey for the day.

Your whole body was shaking; not from the cold, no, but from fear and adrenaline.

It wasn't real, it was a nightmare. It never happened. She's alive.

Fitting your face in your palms, your forced yourself to get up and get a glass of water, hoping to flood away last night's terror.

You knew there was no point in trying to sleep again, so you walked over to the fireplace in a feeble attempt to gain some warmth in the room.

After many tries, you lit a spark, the small flame dancing tauntingly in front of you.

Phil must've heard your grunts of frustration when the damn fire wouldn't start and emerged quietly from Technoblade's room where he had been sleeping.

It had been 3 days since Phil's original visit, and he decided to stay saying that it was to make sure you were ok and healed properly, but you all knew it was so Technoblade didn't throw you out of the cabin.

"Hey mate, everything ok? It's awfully early to be awake in your condition," Phil sighed, taking a seat on the couch.

"I had a nightmare," you quietly admitted, remaining seated on the floor in front of the fireplace.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, patting the cushion next to him. He was to kind too you, and you felt bad for not being able to repay him.

"I'd rather not but thank you."

He hummed in contentment, and the room fell into a comfortable silence.

It was lightly snowing outside when the sun began to rise above the horizon. The fire crackled quietly, a sense of belonging washing over you.

"D'you think I could go into the village today? I need to get out of the cabin, and maybe I could get some clothes for myself," you asked, turning your eyes to make contact with Phil.