ten

"Why didn't you want Phil to use rubbing alcohol on your abdomen?" Techno asked, already checking it out to make sure there wasn't any sign of infection.

"Because if you put rubbing alcohol on an open wound, it can cause tissue damage and even slow the healing process. Saline is a much safer and healthier option," you stated matter of factly.

"Ah, good to know."

Gently pressing down on the dressage tape, he got off from the couch and shuffled into the kitchen. Digging through one of his shelves, he pulled out two bottles.

"Should I throw it away?"

"Of course! What is this, a madhouse? Get rid of that vile liquid immediately!" you laughed, a poor British accent excusing your dramatics.

"Good heavens, how silly of me!" he snickered, joining you with an equally as bad accent.

Smiling, he returned by your side on the couch, holding out the other bottle to you.

"Drink up, it should finish healing your puncture."

Uncorking the plum purple potion, you drank it all in one go, feeling the effects almost immediately.

Mumbling a quiet thank you, you relaxed against the back of the couch.

The pair of you fell into a comfortable silence, the only sound being the soft crackling of the fire that seemed to never go out.

"You're not busy, are you?" you asked, thinking out loud.

"Right now? No, I couldn't say that I am."

"Can I teach you how to cook?" you grinned, looking over at him.

"Depends, what are we making?" he smirked, also turning to look your way. You noticed a small dimple in his left cheek that you had never seen before, at least not consciously.

"Depends, what do you have?"

"Not much, but I could go into the village."

"Sure, but I'm coming with you."

Techno knew there was no point in arguing, he had come to learn that you were very stubborn when you wanted something.

Helping yourself off the couch, you walked over to the chair that was holding both your new sweater and your cloak. Pulling them both tightly around you so you wouldn't get hypothermia from the walk there alone, you went to the front door and grabbed your boots. Techno followed closely behind, grabbing his own and sitting next to you on the couch.

Once you were both fully prepared, you left the cabin, you heading for the forest, Techno heading for his stable.

"D'you think we were walking?" he snorted, his tall figure walking further away.

"Not going to lie, I forgot about Carl," you smiled to yourself, trudging over to Techno and his horse.

Carl seemed more than overjoyed to be going out for a ride, cantering over to the pair of you.

Techno offered his hand to you first, telling you to hop on the front of the saddle.  Once you had gotten comfortable he jumped up behind you, reaching in front of you to grab the reigns.

Ignoring the slight tingle in the bottom of your stomach that you felt when Techno's arms were secured around you so you wouldn't fall, you began your journey to the village.

It took less than ten minutes to get there, both of you staying silent the entire time. You didn't mind, as you were too busy admiring the passing beauty of nature, Techno quietly and discreetly admiring you.