seventeen

"How come you're still around, Y/N? I thought you were leaving," Phil asked, not looking away from the lightly frosted forest in the distance.

The pair of you were standing out on Technoblade's veranda, sleep deciding not to take you like it had the hybrid and the child. Phil was leaning back on the chair that sat comfortably under the table, you playing in the snow like a little kid. It had to of been just past midnight, the moon and the stars shining brighter than you had ever seen.

"Why, trying to get rid of me?" you joked, reaching out your hand to catch a few snowflakes. Phil stayed quiet, not because what you said was true, but because he was not in a kidding around mood.

Taking a deep breath to yourself, you tilted your gaze up towards the moon, taking in its beauty. "I was leaving, but he's injured. I can just ghost him."

"Tommy and I are here."

"You're not going to be for long. Aren't you leaving in the morning?"

"Depends on if Tommy can last the trip. But I would stay if he needed me."

"But you have a home, Phil. A family. Business to take care of elsewhere. Besides, where would I go?" you sighed, sitting down on the stairs, still gawking at the celestial body.

"Didn't seem like a problem before," he countered, shifting in his seat to look down at you. You didn't know what to say, so you just held your silence. It stayed like that for a while; You watching the moon make its rounds, and him watching you.

God, the night sky is so pretty. I wish I were as pretty as-

"Y'know, he really likes you," Phil smiled softly to himself.

Immediately feeling the blood rush to your cheeks, you bit your tongue not wanting to say something idiotic, anticipating his every next word. Obviously he was talking about the half piglin knocked out on the couch, who else would it be?

"He's never been this way with anyone. I've never seen him be so... bipolar? No that's not the right word, uh... well, I'm sure you understand," he smirks, tapping your shoulder with his foot. You look over at him, and he gestures for you to sit next to him at his table.

"He has been very two-sided with me, Phil. One day he is so accepting and bubbly, the next he's shutting me out and shunting me away," you admit, sitting on the wooden chair with a huff. "I can't seem to figure him out; does he hate me? Does he like me as a friend?"

"He can't seem to figure this out either, Y/N. He hasn't ever had girl problems because he hasn't ever liked a girl. Or anyone, for that matter. But he likes you," you knew he wasn't joking around; his words were too sincere. "And you like him too."

Shocked at his sudden statement, you couldn't seem to string together a proper sentence. "I-... no I...it's-...ugh look it's- it's compl- it's not like-... I-," you managed to murmur, cut off by Phil chuckling at your flustered state.

"Philllll," you whine, not hesitating to slap his shoulder hard. "It's pretty obvious, Y/N. All the physical contact, and the blush, the 'secret' exchanging glances. You should go for it, you guys work together really well," he teases.

"Have you completely forgotten about what we were just saying? I was about to leave, Phil. And it wasn't- isn't for no reason. I'm still really pissed off about it," you bit, your words being firmer than intended.

"And in good reason. I'm not saying you should disregard it, but you should talk to him. You both need it," a warm smile spread across his face as he put his hand on your shoulder, giving you a loving squeeze.

"Phil," you murmured. Your voice was low, almost indistinguishable from the premature howling wind. "You know we can't..."

Brushing off your statement as if he didn't hear it, he stood up from his seat, offering his hand to you. "Let's go inside mate, it's getting a bit chilly."