⚜Chapter 1⚜

The sky was dark and grey just like Y/n mood that day. Begin born in a noble family was great but, were they that desperate as to go that far. True they weren't doing great financially but was it to the point that her father had to sell her off in a marriage? With someone who was thrice her age. Y/n L/n was the daughter of a small baron, George L/n. George was overall a "good" father, wasn't the best parent and had many flaws but the biggest flaw he had, was his gambling addiction. It was to the point that they had a very big debt. Her mother Marie even had to pawn some of her jewellery, a disgrace for a noble family. Thankfully they weren't that known in the heart of high society in the capital. Living in the countryside had its perks. But the other noble around them did mock them a bit.

_Cheer up sister, you will be the duchess soon

_You're not the one marring a half-dead duke!

_It's a joke! I was trying to cheer you up a bit.

Lucas grimaced under her glare before shrugging. He sat at the table while looking at the maids hurrying around his sister. Lying his head on the table he sighed before closing his eyes.

_I really don't want you to go... Do you really have to marry that... pervert?

Y/n smiled sadly at her brother in her mirror. She could see him in the reflection. Lucas was a cheerful young man in his 15. Like every young noble, he was soon going to the academy. Unlike girls, it was obligatory for boys to go. He had curly brown hair like their father but had the bright green as their mother. On the opposite, the young girl had h/c hair like their mother and e/c eyes like their father. She was quite fond of her little monster of a brother.

_If we don't, how will we get rid of our debt?

_Dad said that with some luck he will die before the first night. But knowing his gambling skill... should we poison him?

_LUCAS!!

Y/n stood up from her boudoir horrified by her brother's word. It wasn't uncommon to hear such a thing but to think that he would go that far. She didn't wish for him to go that far, even for her. She could see by the look in his eyes that he was dead serious. Silently, he took out a glass vial from his vest. It was red just like wine, a beautiful and deadly red wine.

_Don't worry it's not really a poison, it will just induce a seizure. And then after a small mourning time, you will come back home and live like before.

_Not like before, because we would have killed someone.

_We are not killing someone! We are just helping him find eternal peace faster.

Lucas said it nonchalantly almost like he was chatting about the weather. Did she and her mother raise up a small villain? Lucas was smarter than his peers but it didn't mean he had to act this way. He has always been a bit mischievous but not THAT murderous.

_And if we got caught, we could put it on dad.

_Lucas? No! And we're not killing someone. AND we're not framing dad!

_Why? Dad agreed on it! He is even the ONE who suggested that we frame him for it if we EVER get caught. Like once he gets the money, he planned to poison the duke so he could sell you off to another filthy pervert as an excuse.

_That's stupid.

_I call it genius sis. Well since you don't want to follow that plan... I should go. I can hear the maid outside panicking about the time.

Indeed it was getting let for the marriage, and she wasn't even dressed up. Thankfully, her husband-to-be buy the dress and every accessory she was going to wear. Once the brown-haired boy left the maid rushed in to prepare her quickly. It was an exquisite dress with Jewell embroidered in it. The dress was a bit old fashioned but looked great on her. Her veil, jewellery and dress felt heavy on her, almost like some heavy shackle. Once they finished, she looked amazing. She was the most beautiful bride they have ever seen. A pity that she couldn't smile on such a day. It should have been the most beautiful day for the h/c haired girl but it was for her the most terrific one instead.