⚜Chapter 13⚜

Castian were wondering who could have sent a spy with such an ominous insect inside him. He looked at the pile of flesh, quite annoyed. Even identifying him was impossible now. He let an annoyed groan while kicking the pile out of frustration. The guard looked at him, they tried hard not to vomit or feel sick at the scene. Castian threw kick after kick in the human remaining. They could hear the sound of the flesh beginning to squash under his boot. When he calmed himself, he wiped his shoes on the floor, not sparing a glance at that thing, and he left the basement.

"_Clean this up!

_Yes, my lord"

For the first time in a while, Y/n finally got a letter from Lucas. She couldn't stop smiling at the sender. She opened the letter with an impatient look on her face. She was wondering if they forgot about her. Not having any news did hurt her a bit. She took out the letter and started to read it.

"My dear sister,

I hope you are alright in this shit hole. Seeing that I didn't hear any news of that old bastard dying means that you didn't use the gift I gave you. And that father's gambling skills are indeed SHIT.

Don't worry about us. We are alright, and mother and me (mainly me) are making sure dad doesn't make any more mistakes. You will be happy to know that your marriage became a source of nightmare for our stupid father. At least it made him stop his gambling. You gave him a trauma, good job sis. 

It's funny how he cries every time he hears rumours about you. Talking rumours, are you alright? I think someone is spreading rumours about you being promiscuous and a cheater. They even talk about how you danced with your stepson on your wedding night. Some even say the baby is not from the duke but him. (I would prefer the father to be Castian Pendragon but I have to think about your honour)

Talking about Castian Pendragon, is he really that great? I heard he could kill a lion bare-handed. That's so cool. Did you see him fight? He must be really strong right? I wonder if I could be that strong one day. I wonder if he takes an apprentice under him. Can I come to visit you? I miss you so much sister and spend some time with you.

Sincerely your angel of a brother

Lucas"

Y/n laughed while reading. It was just like him, so cheeky and immature. Lucas has always been like that. He was annoyingly adorable. Maybe it was because of his youth, but he was always so straightforward, so dashing. How many young ladies did he charm with that boyish/cheeky smile? She could see that malicious gleam he had every time he was up to no good. Her mother would always try to scold him every time he got in a fight, and her father would laugh it off "as a youth being youth" telling that he needed to fight and a take few punches to learn the way in life. Then he would switch up to his and her mother's youth. Her father's favourite story was about how he met their mother. At this point, she knew it by heart. "I was going downtown with some friends. There was this Coffee shop named Valentine that was great. Your mother happened to be here too. She was with that friend named Alice, who was a real pest. I don't know why but she and your mother fought. And your mother headbutted her. And at that time, I thought... Wow, this is my future wife. She has to be." The h/c-haired girl was always tired to hear it, but now? She wished she could hear it again. The nagging about how a proper lady should be, how she would never grow up.

"_I miss you too Lucas, Mother and Father too."

She closed the letter before taking out her quill and paper. She writes her response inviting him to come to visit. She talked about how nervous and excited she felt to be a mother. Of course, she avoided the fact the baby was from Castian. Seeing how highly her brother regarded her, she felt bad about the cheating. She couldn't tell him how the rumour was true.

She heard a knock and looked up. 

"_Madame, I brought you some tea.

_Oh! Thank...you..."

She looked at the maid shocked and terrified. What happened to her face? Also, she had never seen her before nor did they recruit a new one. So who was she? She opened her mouth to talk when the woman latched on her with a knife. Y/n screamed as she held the knife high above her head.