⚜Chapter 9⚜

Sipping on her tea leisurely in her newly finished garden, Y/n was enjoying a calm afternoon. Right after the duke's condition deteriorated, he sent Castian away to subdue a small rebellion. Of course, he devoured her before leaving. He wanted to make sure she didn't forget where she belonged. And God knows she didn't. NO, SHE COULDN'T. Even when she just closed her eyes, she could see him. Panting, grunting as their body melted to become one. He made her discover pleasure she never knew until her marriage. She did read secretly some naughty novel hidden by her mother but she never dared to touch herself. It was frowned upon and as a noblewoman, she had to set an image as a pure and fair lady. But Castian showed her how good it was. Be it his finger, his tongue or other members of his body, he knew how to skillfully make her body go to the edge. He could control her body like a puppeteer. 

So it was normal for her, who had already sinned by cheating with her stepson, to try it by herself.  So she touched herself. It was pleasurable, she felt really good but it wasn't enough. Maybe because she didn't know how to do it properly but she was never able to satisfy her own as he did. Or was it because his hand was a work of God? 

"_What a beautiful day... Annie, did Lucas or my mother send a letter?

_Young master Lucas said they would send a letter to you right after things has settled down.

_I see, Aside from that? 

_You received some tea party invite and some letter asking when you are going to hold one."

Y/n nobbed her head. This much was normal, she was this country only duchess. And the aunt by marriage of the empress. A member of the royal family by such standard. Usually, she would have started but she felt ill for no reason.  She felt sick a lot nowadays like she would throw up. Because of such, she couldn't host any party. And she was too scared to know why she felt like this. NO, she knew why, she just didn't want to face it. 

"_Oh, right! The duke ordered a doctor to come to see you. 

_That-! I don't need one.

_It's for your own good madam, you been a bit sick since a while ago now. He will come soon."

She knew that they were thinking of her health but she was afraid of what the doctor could find. She had an idea of what it could be, and she knew she could never come back to her family if it was known. Of course, once she divorced she would have to leave it behind but... can she leave it behind once it comes into her life?

Y/n resigned to her fate, with a small chance she just had an upset stomach. 

"_Alright, I will see the doctor..."

Noticing her grim expression, Yasmina put a comforting hand on her shoulder. She could see something was making her nervous. The beautiful woman wasn't stupid, she knew something happened between her cute mistress and that young "beast". That was how she liked to call Castian, a mindless beast whose only goal was to devour and defile her sweet and naive mistress. Yasmina hated Castian but she hated the duke even more. Although she did notice a scary pattern inside both men. Maybe because she did see a lot of creepy men in her life. The tanned woman noticed almost the same thing inside them. That dangerous glint, like Y/n, was a prey. She have to protect her mistress, if she couldn't stop her from giving herself to that beast, she could stop unsavoury rumour about her. This is why the rumour that she didn't do it with the duke but a stranger was stopped. Acting like she didn't know anything, she just said that she did see the duke coming in the duchess chamber drunk. With this and the agreement between Annie to keep Castian's visit a secret, she was able to keep her reputation clean enough. 

But seeing her nervous face, she may have underestimated how many times the thing took her or how the young duchess was really fertile. Yasmina leaned toward her ear to whisper in her ear.

"_Do you want me to prepare abortion tea?

_No... Even if I was pregnant I don't want to kill it...

_As you wish..."

It was by the end of the afternoon that the doctor came for her. Her heart was beating furiously inside her chest. Sitting in a rolling chair the old duke looked at her. What a pity he couldn't put himself inside her again. He felt bitter about that as he looked at the tender flesh of her neck and chest, but soon it was replaced by an elated feeling. 

"_Congratulation Duke, It seems like the duchess is blessing us with a new life in the household."

Edmund was laughing like a mad man. Pregnant, she was pregnant with his child. Boy or a girl, it was his perfect heir. A child with both his and Beatrice's blood and face. The blood of the servant ran cold as he was screaming with joy about the coming of his "heir".  As the eldest, Castian was rightfully the heir of the dukedom, but the duke's word showed something else. Not only was he denying his son right, but he was forcing the power to swift toward Y/n. Edmund was old and it wasn't known when he would die. Making the infant the heir would put the power in her hand until his adulthood. If Castian didn't take care of it first that is. 

Y/n felt quite ironic, the child was not his but Castian's. But seeing singing praise like he finally had his very first heir was really... She doesn't know... Strange? Sad? She knew they hated each other but did he have to put an unborn child the heir, just for that? Wasn't that putting her in danger?  And why did he look like he finally accomplished his goal? 

"_Quick! Send out a letter! We're going to hold a feast to celebrate this news. 

_What news?"

Turning toward the other man's voice, she saw someone she knew a little too much ever since she got married. The real father of her baby, Castian Pendragon, all armoured, his bang a bit stick with sweat. Did he run to her? It was faster than the duke expected but he didn't care anymore. 

"_Ah! Come here, your mother is pregnant! She is bearing the future heir of this mansion!

_Oh really? What delightful news... Mother. I pray for your unending bright future and hope to see more of our (child) runing around the mansion soon."

Y/n looked at him bewildered. More? Did he want more? Castian laughed happy at the news. Getting on one knee, he kissed the back of her hand. She can't escape this place, she wasn't just HIS duchess, now she was also the mother of HIS children. And seeing his father celebrating it like it's was his child was funny. He couldn't wait to see his distorted face when he would learn the terrible truth. 

Oh, how he couldn't wait to break to him the news, saying 'It's not your son/daughter but your grandchild, my dear father. I hope you will bless my wife and me with your congratulation.'

He will definitely kick the bucket this time right?.