⚜Chapter 10⚜

The whole residence was in a celebrating mood, Y/n could also see a change in the servant's behaviour. Although they served her relatively well, they didn't really give their best and had more disdain for her. It was easy to understand, most of the previous duchess (side from the first) was childless after one or two years of marriage and she flirted with Castian. What she didn't know was that the oldest servant's disdain for her was due to the first duchess. She was Beatrice Monet's grandaughter, the late duchess's greatest enemy. But a child in her womb and the potential change in the position got them to change side fastly. The only one who didn't was the butler. He always looked at her like she was some kind of pest like he knew something they didn't. 

It was in the evening right before Castian was going to see  Y/n. He missed the h/c haired girl strangely, but thank to that he broke a record in the country. The fastest brigand's subjugation. None was left alive, he just destroyed them one-sidely. Suddenly he heard a knock on the door inviting them to come in, he saw the butler. 

"_What is it, James? 

_Young master, I have something really important to tell you. 

_Say, what's so important? 

_It's about the duchess."

Castian blinked now his attention was fully on the old butler. Straightening his back, the old man looked really eager to talk. He was sure the young man didn't know about what he wanted to say.

"_The baby isn't from the duke, she cheated on him.

_Oh... Wow...uh... this is a piece of incredible news... Are you sure she cheated? Did you see her with her lover?"

The lover and father of the child were standing right in front of him. But seeing by how he talked he didn't know. The black-haired man felt a bit awkward about the old man. She didn't even cheat on her husband since he is the real husband. Acting clueless when you want to laugh is sure hard.

"_I didn't say it but... this is a secret that I shared with the late duchess but the duke became infertile after you were old enough.

_What? What did you say?

_My lord, you may have wondered why you never had any half-sibling but the truth is... You did have some or at least had. The duchess made sure to kill them and the mother before the duke knew about them. 

_Do you understand what you are saying? You are calling the late duchess, my mother a murderess."

His face blackened at the news. Castian wasn't stupid, he knew his mother was a ruthless person. He was young at that time, but he knew that his mother was slipping drugs and whatnot to his father's mistress so they would get a miscarriage or lose the baby. She was a crazy woman, but he never thought it was that much. 

"_Yes, those who were born were drowned in the lake behind the annexe. I believe the oldest was 4 or 5 years old. 

_The lake? Do you mean that lake I used to play near?

_Yes.

_I see, so mother and you poisoned father to make him unable to conceive.

_Yes, that woman child isn't the duke's child. So we can't let some bastard child rip away my lord's place."