⚜ Chapter 16⚜

The doctor was stunned when he saw Castian alive and well. It was a miracle. Even better, his wound was mostly closed. The old physician looked at his mortally wounded patient before letting out a sigh of relief. The only one who didn't look so happy was Edmund. He hoped it would have been the end of this man. Y/n on another side was disappointed and happy at the same time. The first one is because of the outrageous act the duke had. How could someone wish for their child's death? She was feeling worried for her baby.  What would happen if he knew it wasn't his child but his grandkid?

Finally, alone, Castian held the young girl in his arm. She was so happy, he was alright. She was lying on him, her eyes closed, and she listened to his heartbeat. She somehow felt safe with him, on his arm like she naturally belongs there. Maybe it's because he was her baby's father. She didn't care for the reason. He was alive, that's all that mattered.

Y/n sat when she heard him cough a little. She was going to take a glass as Castian sat on the bed.

"_You should take some rest. I can do it.

_You just woke up, and the poison took a toll on you.

_I'm alright love, you should think about your body and the baby.

_You almost died Castian! Do you know how worried I was? How hard it was to see you like that while your father was dancing at the news?"

He shouldn't, but the idea she was worried sick for him gave him pleasure and satisfaction. Castian smiled before taking her in his arm. He loved her so much. He kissed the side of her head, caging her in his arm. 

"_Alright love, I promise I will not move from the bed. But you have to go take some rest. Okay?"

Y/n hummed in response before leaving the room, but not before exchanging one last look with him. 

Castian smiled until she was completely out of sight. His face was cold as he turned his attention toward his hand. He knew what he saw, no matter what he would protect her. Now he definitely had the power to do it. He closed his hand before opening it again. His body was coated with a very sombre energy. He did hear about it, in legend and old stories. In those times, when gods and spirits dwelled in the world, Aura. Castian was a swordsman, so it had to be the aura. The mysterious power the first emperor used. He couldn't help but wonder if it was the two entities he met while fighting death. Was this the blessing they talked about? If it is not the complete one, who was the person he shared it with?

"_Oh well, it doesn't matter."

He was sure the one he had to protect was his little wife, which was what he was going to do anyway and if it wasn't? Well too bad, Y/n and his child are his only priority. Castian was deep in his mind when he heard whispers and growls under him. He could see in the corner of his eyes, a strange smoke under his bed and a long arm trying to crawl out of it. 

"_Shut up!"

The creature stopped and crawled back. Taking a deep breath, he was able to calm himself down. He heard a knock which made him sigh. He didn't have time to answer when Yasmina opened the door. The woman had a pointed look toward him. She was just a maid and not his wife, he didn't care about her. But he did care about her manners. 

Castian glared at her as she stomped toward him. Did the fact that he just woke up, gave her the right to be that disrespectful?

"_You! How did you get your hand on that cursed power?

_Who gave you permission to come here?

_Do you know how dangerous this is? You reek of death!

_This is a compliment for a warmonger commander like me.

_Do you think I'm a joke?

_No, but if you keep this act up, I know what you will be. Dead. "

Yasmina paled at his calm warning, she kneeled down while putting her head down. She was so startled by the sudden feeling. She almost forgot the hierarchy. That dreadful sense he got from whatever energy she felt from him was similar to the dark art. An art once used in an ancient cult she was once part of in her childhood. The cult of Azaroth. She was scared about why did this man had energy similar to the people praying to that forbidden god.

"_Please forgive me. I was just anxious and didn't evaluate my position right.

_That's better, now how about you tell me more about that thing?"

Caleb looked worried, if not scared. He was ill for five days, down with a fever and even had spasms sometimes. He believed he wouldn't make it but after losing consciousness, he woke up. He survived whatever illness he had but something changed. He could see shadows around him, and that dark energy around him. Whatever it was, whatever those ghostly figures wanted, they always called one name. "Y/n." "Take her", "We know you want her too". "You should just take her, she is yours anyway". The prince clasped his hand on his ears trying to block their voice. He already knew he wanted her, he loved her. He really didn't need some ghost to repeat it for two days straight.