Chapter 1 [Courtain Raiser]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Chapter 1 - Curtain Raiser]

[Season 1 - Reluctant Heroes]

Ah, yes, the beginning of a new semester, the beginning of every students' worst nightmare, school. Let's face it, nobody likes school, the students, the janitors, not even the goddamn teachers like to do work. Ahem, we are getting quite sidetracked here, now, back to the actual story.

Uller: "...I hate waiting."

Beryl: "You hate everything..."

Uller: "Your point?"

Beryl: "Well, that makes two of us."

The two half-siblings were currently on one of the few airships heading towards their new home/school/prison, Beacon Academy, the most prestigious academy for training young people to become the protectors of this world. One of them was clearly impatient, the name of this particular individual was Beryl Roux, a half-brother to Uller Solreign, who was seated next to him. Beryl, being the annoying brat that he is, was slowly but surely driving Uller to madness, actually, scratch that. Uller went so insane spending his life with Beryl he became sane again. The airship was as quiet as one would expect a bunch of teenagers to be, some were talking in their groups, some were gawking at the scenery and some random guy with blonde hair sped by them, looking just about ready to throw up. Beryl and Uller could only stare at the blond guy with a deadpan expression.

Beryl: "...You can be a huntsman with motion sickness? Don't they put you on bullhead for just about any mission?"

Uller: "That is the smartest thing you have said in all of the time that I have known you..."

Beryl: "I know right, my brain is growing."

Uller: "Yeah something is certainly growing, a tumour."

Beryl: "Yeah- wait what?"

Uller shook his head and sat down on the seat. He took a cigarette from his pocket, placed it into his mouth and with a SNAP, lit the end of it on fire. Uller sighed and lowered his hat, like trying to fall asleep. Beryl looked at his half-brother and shook his head, knowing his habits.

Beryl: "That thing's gonna kill ya."

Uller: "Yeah, I know, trying to speed this shit up."

Beryl could only sigh as his numerous attempts at stopping Uller from turning his lungs into swiss cheese were once again unsuccessful, he sat next to him before taking out a pair of black and white headphones and placing them on his head, they were wireless so he didn't need to plug them into his phone. He scrolled through his playlist before stopping at Night Witches by Sabaton and blasting it at full volume before closing his eyes and attempting to relax through all the noise around him. Uller did the same, but he actually fell asleep while doing so. A few minutes went by in blissful silence before a loud screech of pure terror broke the silent tranquillity. Uller jolted awake, dropping his cigarette which was stomped on by Beryl, who bolted up which made his headphones fall off of his ears and almost break on the floor.