Chapter 6 [Yellow Flickering Embers]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Chapter 6 - Yellow Flickering Embers]

[Season 1 - Reluctant Heroes]

Our great heroes have found themselves in the worst possible place a teenager of their age could be in. A hell on Remnant known to all men and women, Faunus and humans alike. It is a prison of pain and eternal headache and boredom. It is... the classroom with the coffee cocaine addict Doctor Oobleck. Remember, this place is still a school, it's not all bullets, blood and screams... well maybe some screams. Most of the SQUADwas split into different classes, as Beryl, Uller, Velvet, Weiss, Blake, Ruby, Pyrrha, Jaune and Cardin sat around in the class attempting to grasp onto any word that launched out of Oobleck's mouth.

Jaune rested his head on his arms, possibly sleeping, possibly crying, all the same. Pyrrha sat next to him, glancing worriedly at her leader while also attempting and struggling to take notes as Cardin sat behind Jaune, throwing crumpled up papers at the blond boy, like a fucking elementary student. Weiss meanwhile was perfectly understanding what Oobleck was spewing, taking notes at speeds that would put Beryl to shame. Blake had her textbook in front of her, but surprise, it was actually her "totally not porn" book with the covers switched with her textbook, a truly masterful plan if I do say so myself. Beryl was casually on his phone browsing memes, laughing at the weirdly absurd Gen-Z memes, with Ruby next to him looking at his phone while chuckling at the funny shit he scrolled through. Lastly and maybe least, who knows, Uller was reading through a manga he stole from Beryl's bookshelf known as Chainsaw Man, a fucking fever dream of a manga, but it is as we in the business like to call it: "Rawness and Swag".

Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the, more popularly known as the War, humankind was quite adamant about centralizing the Faunus population in Menagerie. Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated against because of your Faunus heritage?"

At the sound of Oobleck's question, Velvet among a few other Faunus students raised their hand. Suddenly, as Velvet lowered her hand, she heard a light thud sound come from her desk. Looking down, she saw a Kit-Kat bar had landed on top of her textbook with a note reading "My debt has been repaid ('・ω・`)" she blinked and saw Beryl dumbly waving at her from the left side of the room. She meekly gave him a small wave in response before sweat dropping when Ruby slammed Beryl's head against the desk, leaving a small hole in it, as Uller gave a hearty laugh and cheered her on. Oobleck continued to use his own version of shunpo to zip around the classroom faster than Beryl while drinking his LSD-laced coffee.