Chapter 10 [Takamagahara]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Chapter 10 - Takamagahara]

[Season 1 - Reluctant Heroes]

Standing ready—face to face with each other. Two walking explosions. Unmovable. Unstoppable. Staring at each other, awaiting either one to start the fight once more, yet neither one moved from their spot. Kiryu stood strong, only faint fatigue showing with his chest moving up and down ever so slightly. No real damage was visible, but Uller's attacks undeniably left their marks on his aura and his body, whenever they managed to get through. Uller on the other hand was not fairing as well. Sweat droplets poured down the sides of his face—panting heavily—clutching his right arm. Uller inspected the damage he had received and was quite annoyed to see he had much more visible injuries. Along with bruises and small cuts, his right arm had tiny ice crystals sharper than glass embedded into it. Slowly heating his arm to remove the shards, Uller noticed that he was ever so slightly nearing the limit of his flame reserves. Knowing this, and the fact that he wouldn't be able to defeat his opponent as quickly as he would beat others, he adopted a relaxed position.

[ Footsteps of Doom - Attack On Titan OST ]

[ MUSIC: PLAY ]

Attempting to take advantage of the quick break they were apparently having, Uller took deep breaths while exhaling vapour and steam, slowly building up his ammunition. However, as soon as Uller briefly focused his attention on his opponent, Kiryu's fist was nearing his head at dangerous speeds. Not knowing what the new armour would be capable of, but not wanting to even risk it, Uller quickly lifted his palm forward and exhaled.

-CRACKLE-

...

...

...

-BOOM-

Generating a massive explosion that flew Uller significantly backwards while obscuring Kiryu's vision. Flying back, Uller threw both of his arms back—coating them in flames—and with a warcry launched two massive fireballs towards his opponent. Bursting from the ashes, Kiryu ran straight through a flaming sphere while using his armoured gauntlets as shields. Landing a big right hook straight on one of the fireballs, Kiryu passed through a cloud of dust and debris on his way towards Uller, who started in shock at how little his attacks truly did.