Chapter 7 [Unravelling]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Chapter 7 - Unravelling]

[Season 1 - Reluctant Heroes]

A calm walk through the streets of Vale would usually result in one encountering passersby making their way through the city, going to shops and visiting friends. The city is mostly bland and only worth one's while if they have to go somewhere, well, except for today. Connecting buildings to each other, arching above the walkways and the driveways were brightly coloured flyers, streamers and balloons. Red, yellow and green decorations were proudly displayed throughout the city, as every citizen knew exactly what was going on.

The Vytal Festival, a time for intercontinental celebrations when all the kingdoms that rule over Remnant unite under one banner in a completely random capital city to hold a fighting tournament. Well, there is more to it than just blind fighting. There are going to be food stalls, uh... more food stalls and some other shit nobody cares about. Everyone just wants to see the tournament because this is a fighting show. But it wasn't the time for the Vytal Festival to begin yet, oh no, these were only preparations for it and the streets were already jampacked with people decorating every lamppost and trashcan they could find.

Weiss: "Oh this is absolutely wonderful!"

Two teams took in the sights as they walked through the busy streets of Vale. Well, actually, in terms of numbers it would be one and a half of the team since team BEUL only has two members. Both of which were surprising, at least when it comes to Beryl, not very thrilled to be walking around Vale. Uller looked annoyed while Beryl looked uncomfortable being in the presence of so many unknown people. Yes, the outgoing and forever loud motherfucker was still a student that had his moments of social anxiety. Weiss, the bitchy bitch of team RWBY however appeared absolutely thrilled while her teammates could only give her weirded-out looks.

Beryl: "Damn, she actually appreciates something without bitching about it first..."

Ruby: "I don't think I've seen Weiss smile this much... It's kind of weirding me out."

Uller: "I didn't know you were capable of basic human emotion, other than irritation, you damn ice cube."

Weiss: "And like that, my irritation is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

Beryl: "Hey! That's our line! Good job Weiss!"

Yang: "Hey, you can always buy some of that spiral ice cream just about anywhere now. Look, there's a guy selling some right there."

Weiss: "I prefer smoothies, thank you very much."

Beryl: "Amen. -sluuuuurp-"