Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I groaned as I approached the gym. Faun was pacing back and forth outside of the run-down gym and running her hands through her light blonde bob, a sign she only did when she was extremely angry.

I stepped forward slowly, praying that all her anger wasn't towards me. Despite Faun's short and small stature and her girly appearance, the girl could take a grown man down with one hand tied behind her back. If she was angry enough at me, I wouldn't doubt for a second that I would be training nonstop for the weekend.

"Faun?" I stated calmly, noting she hadn't noticed me yet.

Quickly, Faun spun around and looked at me with eyes full of anger.

"Faun, I'm sorry. I promise I'll try not to get detention again." I said in a near whisper, staring at the ground shyly.

"Oh geez, I scared the poor girl," I heard her mutter under her breath in her slight Russian accent before forcing an obviously fake smile onto her face.

"Don't worry babe, this anger isn't all towards you," she started, her eyes going soft before turning hard and angry again, "It's because of the ublyudki who we now have to share our space with!"

Faun spent the first thirteen years of her life in Russia, so whenever the emotions were strong enough a few Russian words would slip out.

"Share our space?!" I nearly screamed, "With who?"

She scoffed before giving me a sarcastic smile, "Oh, just my dear old friend Ollie and his trainee. Remember me telling you about him?"

I gasped aloud. Oliver "Ollie" Anderson was Faun's ex-boyfriend. Their relationship was rough; they always fought, but Faun thought he was the love of her life, so she was always quick to forgive him. That is, until she found out he was cheating on her. Needless to say, Faun dumped his sorry butt.

At first, Faun was heartbroken and fell into a depression so deep she was practically digging her own grave. After she got over it, all she felt was a burning hatred towards him and anything that reminded her of him. Though I never met the guy, I felt that I shared a bit of hatred toward the guy.

"WHAT!? No!" This time, I did scream, not caring if anyone heard me.

She nodded her head sullenly.

I fumed, clenching and unclenching my fists, feeling the need to hit something. I counted to ten slowly, taking deep breaths.

"It gets worse," Faun interrupted my calming remedy, "His trainee is a guy, about your age, and he goes to your school."

At this, my eyes practically bulged out of my head. I leaned my back against the run-down brick wall and slowly slid to the ground, taking my head in my hands.

"This can't be happening," I whispered to myself.

I couldn't let anyone at my school find out that I fought, it was my last place of peace and serenity without all the annoying kids.

This couldn't be happening.

"Will you come in already?" Faun interrogated me, her body propping open the door to the gym.

"No." I grumbled into my lap.

"That's it." I heard her whisper to herself.

"Oh, Mr Taylor! I need your help with something really quickly." She shouted into the gym.

"What's in it for me?" A gruff voice I vaguely recognized as Mr Taylor's replied.

"A date with my trainee over here!" She yelled back, quickly interrupted by the pounding of footsteps getting closer.