Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Uh, Faun?" I asked, my eyes darting between her and the stranger.

"Yes?" She replied, not even taking her eyes off the dishes she was washing.

"Who is this guy and why is he staring at me?"

This time, she did turn around and when she made eye contact with me, she rolled her eyes.

"Clearly you weren't listening to me last night. In the car, I told you that Oliver and his trainee would be coming over early in the morning."

I gaped at her before turning my head to the stranger. I spun a one-eighty and ran out of the kitchen, into my room, and locked the door behind me. I dove into bed and crawled under the covers.

Not long after, I fell to a slow sleep.

~*~

"Kristen Nicole Belle, if you are sleeping right now I swear I will come in there and drag you out!" Faun's voice pierced my dream bubble.

I groaned openly, pulling the covers over my head.

"How are you expecting to get in? It's locked, smartass." I replied, my voice rough from sleep. I knew I was going to pay for the nickname, but my brain wasn't processing correctly yet.

I heard her stomp away and smiled in triumph to myself.

I curled into a ball and attempted to sleep again, only to be awakened not even five minutes later by the turning of a key in my lock.

I jumped out of bed with wide eyes.

"Wait, Faun! I'm not dressed decently!" I tried to shout in an attempt to get her to stop opening the door, but it swung open anyway.

Instead of Faun as I expected, Oliver's trainee was standing there, eyes just as wide as mine.

"I- Sorry. Um, Faun sent me to get you. She said you would be in here." He paused, his deep voice vibrating across the thin walls.

I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"I'm Raven, by the way." He smirked knowingly, for an unknown reason.

"Kristen. Now, Raven," I began, "would you mind leaving the room now?"

He tilted his head at me, confused.

I gestured with an aggravated look to my outfit and watched in disgust as he trailed his eyes up and down, pausing at my chest and legs.

"Get out!" I yelled angrily. Raven jumped and widened his eyes before getting out of my room like a bear was chasing him.