Chapter Eleven

"What?" I asked Raven. I must have something in my ears, he definitely did not just say-

"We're in Las Vegas."

"You're kidding me, right?" I yelled, jumping off the bed and walking towards him.

Raven shot me a cocky smile, and pointed to the window where the blinds rested to the side. My head turned so quickly I nearly got whiplash.

There, in flashing gold and red lights, "VEGAS" was read.

"You son of a--"

"Temper, temper." Raven tutted. I resisted the urge to pounce on him, and instead went to low questioning.

"Why are we in Vegas?" I pronounced each word slowly and carefully, making sure he would get the point that I was not in the mood to be joked with.

"Where else would we go?" Raven reclined on the rust-brown sofa and shot me a winning grin.

"Gee, I don't know," I pretended to think for a moment, placing my hand on my chin. "What about home?"

Raven's grin dropped suddenly and he lowered his eyes. He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

"God, you really don't remember, do you?" Although the question seemed to be directed to me, he shook his head to himself before making eye contact with me and opening his mouth again. "You were pretty out of it." He examined my body carefully. Not prying, but not checking me out either. It was as if he couldn't believe I was here.

"Raven, cut to the chase. Why are we in Las Vegas?" Raven's tone of voice made me nervous and I shuffled my feet back and forth as I questioned him.

"After you went unconscious, the guy got pissed because I stabbed him. He came after me with the gun and took a couple swings at me with his one good hand. It's pretty hazy, but I set you down at some point and went after him, this time stabbing him in the heart." Raven looked uncomfortable as I processed his words before he continued. "So, I just murdered a guy and I knew we couldn't stay there so I went home."

"I left you in the backseat when I got there. When Faun saw me, she was pissed as hell. Like, angrier than I've ever seen her, wow. I was half expecting steam to blow out of her ears." His eyebrows raised as he exaggerated Faun's fury. "She saw the blood on me and you no where to be found and I guess she assumed I did something to you."

It was here when I realized Raven's story about giving me CPR was a lie, just to taunt me.

"She threatened to call the police and left the room to do it, which was a bad call on her part. So I ran. Packed a couple bags and grabbed all the money I could find before high-tailing it out of there." Raven paused to let me process again.

"And that's how we ended up in Vegas."

~*~
"You look hot, babe." Raven shot me a slippery grin.

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes at him and walked faster, destined to get to this bar he was so determined to go to before he caught up.

"Slow down, sweetheart. I'm just messing with you." He pondered for a moment. "But you really do look hot in that dress."

The dress I was wearing was a black and gold, short cocktail dress of Faun's. Raven had packed it in when he was searching through the house. It was incredibly tight and short on me, since Faun was four inches shorter and two sizes smaller than myself.

"Is this the place?" I questioned, ignoring his comment. Above the building, 'El Dorado' was blinking in faint neon lights.

"Yeah, that's the one. The guy said he'd be in the back room." Raven pulled open the door and gestured for me to go ahead. I stepped carefully into the room, nearly gagging as the smell of cheap beer and cigarettes filled my nostrils.

"Wow, Raven. You sure know how to pick them." I groaned, walking forward to the back room where the man was supposedly.

Raven chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist. I ignored it, although it seemed everywhere he touched heated my skin slightly.

"This is it." Raven whispered in my ear, his hot breath sending chills down my spine without my permission. Raven smirked and pulled open the door, yet again allowing me to lead.

What, or rather, who I saw shocked me.

"Gabriel?"
~*~*~
ITS BEEN SO LONG WOW IM SORRY GUYS and this is kinda rushed because I really wanted to update for y'all and it's really poorly written and yeah I'm sorry.
Gabriel is the guy from detention in the, what? First chapter?
yeaaahhh. I have no idea where this is going but let's run with it, eh?

I TRIED TO UPLOAD THIS LIKE A WEEK AGO AND IM JUST NOW REALIZING IT FAILED OMG SORRY GUYS