Chapter Eight

"Miss Belle!"

My head shot up from its position on the table at the sound of Mr. Meyer's voice.

I lazily looked up at him, trying my hardest to keep my eyes open.

"Miss Belle, was I boring you?" Mr. Meyer glared at me, willing me to backtalk him.

"Of course," I smiled, my brain not fully processing what I was doing.

"Miss Belle, would you like a detention?" His face was turning red and I could hear a few of my fellow classmates snicker.

"No." I looked down at my lap. Faun would kill me if I got another detention.

"Then I advise you to sit in your seat and stay awake. If I hear a peep out of you, I'm sending you to the principal's office. Understood?"

I nodded my head, not daring to meet his eyes.

Mr. Meyer droned on about the Great Depression, telling of how when he was a boy this and that. I felt as though my head was about to explode when the final bell rang. I sped out of the classroom, and ran to the bus stop.

"Uh, Kristen?" I turned my head so fast I could've gotten whiplash.

Gabriel scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Uhm, well, I wanted to know," He refused to meet my gaze as he struggled to form a coherant sentence, "Do you, maybe, wanna go out sometime?"

My eyes widened considerably. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"I--"

The clearing of a throat cut me off.

"Kristen?" Raven glared at Gabriel before coming closer to me and grabbing my arm, "I drive, remember? You don't have to ride the bus."

He fumed, dragging me along as I watched Gabriel grow smaller and smaller sadly.

"Why'd you do that?" I yelled as we reached his car. He shoved his hands in his pockets, pulled out his keys and got in the car. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and gestured for me to get in. Stubbornly, I stomped my foot and shook my head. Until he gave me valid explanation of why he completely ruined my chance with Gabriel.

"The guy's a dick. I don't like him."

"You've been here a day! How do you know that I haven't been crushing on him for forever?!" I shouted, leaving Raven to roll his eyes and get out of the car.

"I'm not stupid. Even you wouldn't be so blind to have a crush on him for longer than a day."

"Even me? Even me?!" I yelled, stomping my foot angrily. I was more than offended by his statement.

He walked over to my side of the car so he was standing with his body facing mine, our toes nearly touching.

"Get in the car." He commanded. Though his voice came out softly, there was no gentleness in his words. I could tell he was losing his patience.

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest and turned my head, refusing to look at him.

"Stubborn bitch." I heard him mumble under his breath. Before I could protest, he wrapped his arms underneath my legs and swept me off my feet, carrying me bridal style.

"What the hell?" I cursed, swinging my legs in an attempt to kick him. He opened the door and fiddled with the side of it before forcing me in and closing the door.

Immediately, I pulled at the door knob but it was of no use; it wouldn't open. It was unlocked, so it should've opened.

Realization hit me at once.

The bastard put it on child lock.

Raven chuckled at my futile attempts to get out and sat in the driver's seat before starting the car. Defeated, I turned on my side so I would face him and pouted, my arms across my chest stubbornly. It wasn't long before I fell asleep.

~*~

"We're here, Sleeping Beauty."

I shot straight up, hissing in pain as my back cracked and popped louder than a bowl of Rice Krispie cereal. That was definitely the last time I slept like that.

I groaned and pulled on the door, but the handle was loose. Through my foggy mind, I remembered Raven putting it on child lock.

"Let me out, please." My voice was soft and groggy, too tired to fight.

Raven's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"I expected you to put up more of a fight," Raven said, thoughtful. "That nap must've worn you out." Despite the teasing tone, Raven wasn't being hideously mean to me.

I shrugged my shoulder and watched as Raven exited the car and pulled open my door, waving his hand dramatically as I stood up.

"After you, m'lady." He spoke in a posh accent, causing me to laugh.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked into the gym where Faun would surely give me a lecture about being so late. Not bothering to wait on Raven, I continued down the familiar path until I reached our lounge room. The dark wooden door was closed, an unusual sight. Faun and I almost always left it open.

Shrugging my shoulders, I pushed it open. I gasped loudly, almost fainting at what I saw.

There, on the faded blue-green couch, sat Oliver and Faun half-dressed and clearly in the process of becoming completely undressed.

~*~*~

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry that it's not only short, but it's also been forever since I've updated. School has been super hectic for me, and I probably should've wrote a bit during the days that I had off because of weather but I never thought of it. I'm so sorry, guys.

Questions and (fake) Answers:

Why does Raven think Gabriel isn't good for Kristen?

They were members of the Italian mafia together and Gabriel stole Raven's wife and seventeen children.

What were Faun and Oliver doing?

Clearly they were playing a game of intense twister and it just got a little, heh heh, intense. Happens to everyone, am I right?

When will I next update?

Tomorrow. (GAHAHAHAHA BEST FAKE ANSWER YET GAHAAHAHAHAH)

~*~

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

..I honestly don't know lol.

Anyways, I'm sorry again for not updating quickly but I'm so lazy and ugh. After this story is complete, which one would you guys like me to focus on primarily? It'll probably be a while before this one is done, though.

If you actually read through my entire author's note, I love you and you are amazing.

~Krista~