Chapter Seven

By the time I managed to struggle my way out from underneath the table, Raven was gone. Despite doing the typical thing, guessing that he went to bed, I decided to check the entire kitchen to make sure he wouldn't jump out and yell, "Boo!" as he did when I was grabbing my smiley face cup. Much to my relief, he was gone. It would have been too awkward to face him right after Faun told him not to break my heart.

I meandered through the kitchen and back to my bedroom, laying in bed for the second time that night. After what seemed like hours of trying, I finally managed to fall to a restless sleep.

~*~

"Kristen!"

I was face-down on my bed, my body sprawled across the mattress and my legs tangled in the sheets. I had been sleeping peacefully, before Cruella DeVille decided to wake me.

"Kristen!" Faun called out again, earning a groan in response from me.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled, my voice groggy and muffled by the pillow.

"Get out of bed, you lenivyy chelovek!"

I groaned again, complaining. I didn't want to get up.

"Why do I have to get up?" I shouted in reply.

"Look at the calender, stupid! It's Monday, you have school!"

I rolled my eyes, but began to get up anyway.

"All the more reason to stay in bed." I muttered sourly to myself.

I clambered through the hallway to the bathroom and took my shower quickly. I pulled on a pair of baggy blues jean and a plain purple t-shirt before fixing my hair into a loose bun on the top of my head. As I applied a single layer of mascara, a knock on the door came.

"Come in!" I called out to them, cursing as my hand slipped and I was left with multiple black lines below my eye.

I dabbed at my eye carefully with my hand, licking my finger and smearing off the mess.

"Kristen?" A masculine voice questioned, causing me to slip and swipe my eye again.

"Shit." I muttered to myself, "Yeah?" I replied louder, lazily.

Raven chuckled before going over to my bed and having a seat on it, rubbing his hands back and forth on the freshly made covers, courtesy of Faun. I watched him carefully in the mirror, curious as to why he invaded my personal space just to feel up my bedspread.

"Oli said that we should drive to school together," He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "You know, to save gas and stuff."

"Sure," I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my backpack once I finished doing my makeup, "Just- don't embarass me."

Raven chuckled at my shallowness, surprising me. I would've assumed him to be offended.

"Babe, I think it's going to be the other way around." He winked at me and left through the open door, leaving a fuming me behind.

~*~

"I can't believe you," I said for the umpteenth time, not that Raven was listening, "I cannot believe you!"

Raven gave me a lazy smirk from the driver's side of the car. "I get that a lot."

"Eyes on the road, idiot!" I yelled to him. I wasn't willing to die because of this numbskull. I watched, satisfied, as Raven jumped and immediately brought his eyes back to the road.

"I told you one thing. One thing!" I ranted, "Not to embarrass me! And you still managed to do so!"

"Has anyone ever told you that you're sexy when you're mad?" He flirted shamelessly. I groaned and placed my head in my hands, repeatedly hitting myself. My words were flying right through his ears.

"You're impossible!" My hands flew in the air in surrender.

He winked at me and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"What did I do so wrong, anyway?" Raven questioned, "I thought I was pretty civil."

I snorted sarcastically.

"You told my entire class that I was your girlfriend, during lunch!" I growled, "I'm trying to go by unnoticed and you just give the entire female population a reason to hate me!" 

Raven chuckled and bit his lip. 

"Hey, babe, it keeps the girls off my back and the guys off yours. Win - win situation, if you ask me." 

"Yeah, well, no one asked you." I retorted lamely, "And don't call me babe!"

"Anything for you, sweetie."