Chapter Nine

"Oh, my god." I whispered, eyes wide. 

"Hey, why are you just standing there? Go in--" Raven stopped abruptly as he looked inside and saw exactly what I did.

"Oh, my god." He mumbled. I would've chuckled if the circumstances were different.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Raven fumed, his hands bundling into fists at his side. Faun scrambled up and grabbed for her clothes, while Oliver just sat up slightly, his ears turning red from embarrassment. 

"W- We were just, uhm, looking for the cardio equipment and- uh," Faun struggled to find a convincing excuse, but we had seen what they were doing with our own eyes. She couldn't lie to us. Raven voiced this to her. 

"Okay, okay. It's true." Faun avoided my eyes and, ashamed, diverted her gaze to her shoes. 

"I can't believe you." I shook my head and spun on my heel, heading back to the parking lot. After everything Oliver had put her through, she still was going to sleep with him? After he broke her heart and threw the shards in the trash, she would still trust him enough to sleep with him? The thought sickened me. 

I pulled open the door to Raven's car and sat there, sulking. I couldn't believe her. Soon, Raven had come outside and sat in the driver's seat. His face was red, his hands still clenched tightly and I noticed a slight tick in his jaw. He was pissed.

He recklessly pulled out the parkling lot and drove down a road that Faun and I had never gone on to go home, so I was sure that we weren't going home any time soon. 

Raven pulled into the driveway of an abandoned warehouse where I knew a lot of druggies and bums liked to hang out. He turned off the car and just sat there for a moment, taking deep breaths. Before I could question him, he forced open the door and walked inside, leaving me by myself in the car. Pondering my options for a moment, I thought screw it and followed him into the building. 

It didn't take me long to find him. He was leaning against the wall in the first room, a lit cigarette placed between his fingers. His eyes were closed and I couldn't help but think of how cliche he looked.

"I didn't know you smoke." I bit my lip and walked over to him, leaning against the wall for only a moment before sliding down and sitting on the floor.

"I don't." I looked at him questioningly, motioning to the lit cigarette now in his mouth. He pulled it out and blew the smoke to the side away from me. "Well, I don't do it often, anyway. It just has a calming effect to it."

I nodded my head and we sat in comfortable silence for a moment.

"Do you want to try one?" He spoke up.

I raised one eyebrow and resisted the urge to laugh. He was asking me if I wanted to try a cigarette? 

"C'mon, it's not that bad."

I thought over all the lessons we were forced to take in high school. About the long term effects of smoking a cigarette and how we should never conform to peer pressure if someone was urging us to try it. 

"Sure." He handed me a cigarette and I held it up, waiting for him as he fished his lighter out of his pocket. He lit it, and as I was putting it to my lips, he stopped me. 

"When you do it, you want to put just the tip in your mouth," He demonstrated for me before taking it out again. "Then you suck it slowly. Let the smoke come into your lungs but don't swallow it."

Yet again, he demonstrated, blowing out a cloud of light gray smoke. 

"And then you blow." 

I listened to his instructions and mimicked his actions, smiling as a sense of calm fell over me. Whether it was actually from the cigarette or just a placebo, I didn't know or care. I blew out the smoke slowly.

I never liked those classes anyway.

"Why were you so angry earlier, when you saw Oliver with Faun? I mean, I know he cheated on her, but I didn't think you knew that and if you did that you'd care." I rambled, leaning my head against the concrete wall. 

"I wasn't angry because of Faun," Raven looked at me with his eyebrows raised slightly and I could see that he was being genuine, "I was mad at Oliver."

"Why?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"Oliver is married."

"He's what?" I stood up immediately, dropping the cigarette. Raven grinded it under his foot immediately. 

I paced the room, my fists clenching and unclenching. Raven stood up and leaned against the wall, clearly letting me get my anger out. 

"I can't believe him," I cursed, "I actually cannot believe that bastard." 

Raven chuckled and walked up to me, grabbing my hands and slowly forcing my hands to loosen. Small, crescent shaped indents were left in my palm. 

I struggled to get away from him, not done fuming. Despite being a boxer, Raven was one as well and I could not get free from his grasp.

"Let me go." I hissed out through gritted teeth, stomping my foot on top of his angrily.

I watched as he winced, but his grip remained strong. 

"Let go of my hands, Raven." I growled. I was not one to be messed with while angry. Yet still he refused. I kicked at his shins and he winced at each one, but still would not let up. Finally, he let go of me and I went back to pacing.

Suddenly, someone's hand was on my shoulder and I was ready to bite off their head. I turned around slowly, ready to give Raven a piece of my mind. But when I turned around, I was met with a pair of crystal blue eyes instead of Raven's brown ones. This wouldn't have been much of a concern to me, if it weren't for what they were holding in their hand.

Reflecting the sliver of sunlight coming in from the window, the gun in the stranger's hand had me frozen in my spot.

~

GAHH. GAHHH. 

No, I'm not freaking out because of the gun in the stranger's hand, I'm freaking out because I'm updating in like less than four days! THIS HAS TO BE A NEW RECORD.

Due to my exhaustion currently, I won't be doing questions and fake answers for this chapter. I'm sorry if you really really wanted them. 

love you guys, even though I don't know how you put up with my slow updates.

~Krista~