Prologue

Mari Pov:

Lila did it. She stole all my friends. Maybe I should thank her, she showed me they were never real friends and Adrien's true colors. I don't have a crush (obsession) on him anymore.
Chloe apologized. We became best friends. But she moved to New York to live with her mother last year.

My parents don't know about what's going on at school. They don't know about the beatings, or the fact Tikki saved my life multiple times. They don't know about the self-inflicted scars on my forearms and thighs...

I am now the Guardian of the miraculous. I work with Ryuko and Viperion. We all know each other's identities. I had to confiscate Chat's miraculous a few months ago. He only ever showed up to battles to flirt with me and was more of a nuisance than any thing else... The spineless coward forgot he ever was Chat Noir but knows Lila is lying. Every time I get beaten up, he always tells me to just take the high road, that her lies aren't hurting anybody. I guess I don't count as anyone...

Tomorrow I am going to Gotham for two months. I need to get away from Paris. We defeated Hawkmoth a few days ago and I need a break from all the madness.

Tikki is helping me make my bags. I need to get to the airport by 4am.
Tikki: Mari ? Did you pack a spare sketchbook?
Mari: Yes, I did. Kagami and Luka should be here soon. I'll go get some things from the kitchen. Do you want any macaroons?
Tikki: Yes please!

I head downstairs and get a plate of all of our favorite treats.

Maman: Are your bags ready?
Mari: Yes maman !
Papa: I can't believe you're already going to Gotham on your own. It seems like yesterday you were a tiny baby that could fit in the palm of my hand.
Mari: Don't worry Papa, I'm still your little girl.

*Doorbell rings*

Kagami & Luka: Marihime! / Melody!
Kagami: Are you excited? I wish I could go with you.

Tomoe has been making sure Kagami is training extra hard for the Olympics. She will be gone all next year. Luka, like the good boyfriend he is, is going to stay with her for moral support.

We went to my room and let the kwamis roam. We spent the afternoon eating treats and playing UMS III. I'm gonna miss them.

Luka: Do you want to go to André's? He' s near the Eiffel Tower.
Kagami and Mari: Sure!

°Time skip°

Kagami and Luka got couple's ice cream. I went up to André.

André: Your soulmate seems to have changed. Almond for his lips, lime for his eyes and blackberry for his mysterious past.
Mari: Thank you André. How much do I owe you?
André: It's on the house.

We walked to a park to eat our ice creams in the shade. They finished their ice creams and talked for a while.

Kagami: I'ts getting late and you need to sleep. Let's head back. Have a good stay in Gotham. Send us a lot of pictures and we'll see each other after the Olympics. I'm gonna miss you Marihime.
Mari: I'm gonna miss you too. Just don't make me an auntie before I'm at least 22.
I say the last part while smirking. They both blush a deep red. Deeper then my blush used to be around Adrien.

They all hug before Mari goes home. She eats dinner and goes straight to bed.

°Time skip°

It's 3am. I'm dressed and my parents are putting my bags in the boot before we drive to the airport. On the drive there, we talked about what we will do while I am away. We arrive at the airport and say our goodbyes.
I get a message from Chloe while I am at the gate.

×Queenie👸 ×

Hi Maribug!

×Maribug🐞×
Hi Queenie!
How are you?

×Queenie👸 ×
I'm fine!

When is your flight?

×Maribug🐞×
I'm on the plane. They just told us to turn off our phones... Talk to you soon!

×Queenie👸 ×
Bye!

The plane takes off at 6am. I fell asleep.