Chapter 15

Damian's POV :

I wake up, as usual. I check my phone.

"Still nothing..."

I haven't had any news from Marinette in a few weeks... I hope she's OK.

I leave my bed and get ready for school. Before leaving my room, I try calling her. No answer. Instead I hear the usual "the number you are trying to contact is no longer in service..."

"She'll answer soon... I'm sure of it..."

I leave my room after making sure I'm not showing any emotion. I head to the dining room and eat the breakfast Alfred made me.

"Not as good as what Angel makes (or Angel herself) ..."

I leave for school without running into any of the heathens.

°Time skip°

I walk to class, successfully avoiding the annoying harlots that always try to get my attention.

"What does father want me to go here? It's not like I don't know all of this already..."

I sit in the back and stare at the door until the bell rings. Class starts and I ignore everyone, answer when the teacher asks me a question, etc... I'm not paying attention though. Angel is on my mind...

" Why isn't she answering? Maybe she lost the Sim card?"

I keep coming up with theories to explain the lack of response...

Lunchtime quickly comes around and Jon joins me. I ignore him.

Jon : Hello Dami! How was your day?

I don't answer. Instead, I start eating my lunch, not even looking in his general direction.

Jon : Another one of those days? When will you talk to me again?

It's true that I haven't spoken to Jon in our civilian selves in weeks. I stopped acknowledging him shortly after I stopped getting any news from Angel, too lost in thought.

I keep eating.

°Time skip°

The afternoon's classes go by in a flash. I leave the class after glaring at all of the harlots, daring them to come closer. They got the message and left me alone.

Alfred picked me up as usual. As we got home, I headed to my room to get my homework done. It took about ten minutes.

°Time skip°

Patrol went well. Jon confronted me about my attitude. I said not to talk about personal matters while suited up. I'll try not to ignore him as much. I'll say hello tomorrow. It should be enough.

After supper, I went to my room and, as usual, I called Angel's number. Still no answer.

"She'll answer next time... She'll answer next time..."

I keep repeating that to stop any tears from surfacing. I soon fall asleep.

I open my eyes.

"Where am I?"

I'm near a willow tree. It's raining. Droplets fall from the leaves into the small pond the tree covers. Someone is here, under the willow tree. It's Angel.

The pond seems to be glowing. Her wet features are suddenly visible. She's even more beautiful than she was the last time I saw her.

I go to touch her. I want to hold her. I go right through her. I don't have a body. This is a dream.

"Why does it feel so real?"

I try catching something. Maybe I can move something to make myself known...