Chapter 27

Mari's POV :

It's mid December. The last few months have been challenging, but it's getting easier. The babies' eyes have color now. Rune and Riven's left eyes are green on the left and blue on the right. It's the opposite way around with Forest and Brecken. A real mix of both Damian and myself.

Some good news is that we will be moving into my house in a month. I can't believe it!

My classes have been going well too. MDC is also getting a lot of commissions for Christmas and the New Year. Chloe and Moss will be arriving in Gotham tomorrow to spend Xmas and the new year with us. Chloe promised to watch over her nieces and nephews while I'm out patroling.

Speaking of patrol, I better get going.

I transform quickly and head to WE, our meeting point.

Robin and I have been getting a lot more competitive. Our competitions sometimes take on dangerous aspects like "who will stop there fall last". We're tied on that one. We were literally a centimeter off of the ground. BOTH of us.

I make it WE and land at the same time as Robin.

Robin : I win!

Ladybird : It's a tie, Dumbass!

Bruce's POV :

Damian left ONE minute before us and, somehow, managed to get in an argument with LB in that minute it took for us to get to WE. I'm already getting a headache...

Batman : If you're done screaming at each other, you can start patrol. KEEP YOUR COMPETITIONS FRIENDLY!

They have already left.

Damian's POV :

I'm not in the mood to be patroling with HER. Jon isn't even here to make it barable.

Robin : I bet you won't knock out as many criminals as I will tonight.

Ladybird : You sure about that?

And so our nightly competitions began.

It was a tie, as always.

Ladybird : You're really bad at bets, aren't you?

As she says that, my grappling hook breaks and I start falling. As I'm bracing myself for impact, I feel someone catch me.

Ladybird : You are not getting rid of me that easily.

Robin : Who says I'm even trying?

Ladybird : Aww- So you actually do enjoy my company...

Robin : I did not say that.

Ladybird : That's what it sounds like...

That night, we didn't get into an other screaming match, instead it was replaced by friendly banter. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like her, but I guess her company can be barable sometimes.

Mari's POV :

Last night's patrol with Robin was actually barable for once. I don't think it will happen again, but it was nice while it lasted. I'm picking up Chloe and Moss at the airport. They can't wait to see the quadruplets.

As I finally spot them in the crowd, Chloe is already running at full speed towards me.

Chloe : MARIBUG!

She jumps up and hugs me as hard as she can.

Mari : Hello to you too. Hi Moss!

Moss : Hi Nettie!