Chapter 31

Mari's POV :

I wake up around six. I really needed that, not that I'm going to tell Damian that.

Where is he?

I spot a note on my bedside table.

"I left you an outfit for our date on your chair. I'm looking after the kids right now. Join us when you wake up. :)"

I smile to myself. I really got lucky with him.

I put the outfit on.

I add some jewelry and do my makeup and hair before leaving my room

I add some jewelry and do my makeup and hair before leaving my room. I could here Damian while I was getting ready.

As I leave my room, I am met with the cutest thing I have ever seen. Damian is on the ground playing with the kids. He's making them laugh. His hair is a mess and there are toys everywhere, but I can't help but take a picture.

*Clic*

Damian looks up at me.

Damian talking to the babies : Look! Aren't you lucky to have such a beautiful mummy!

I blush a little when he smiles at me.

Mari : I'm afraid it's time for patrol... Say goodnight, they'll be in bed when we get back.

Damian then says goodnight to all of them. The kwamis come out and start playing with them.

Mari : Bye!

We leave once Damian put his mask on (he was already in his suit when I left my room) and I had transformed.

Ladybird : I bet you can't catch me!

Robin : What will I get when I win?

Ladybird : A kiss.

Robin : I'll get one of those anyway!

Ladybird : I didn't say where...

I swing ahead while he's getting over the fact I just said that. I love messing with him.

I make it to WE a full minute before him.

Ladybird : You're so slow!

The rest of the team gets to the tower soon after Damian.

Batman : Let's go!

We start patrol, Damian and I spend most of the time talking.

It was a quiet night. It felt nice to just swing from building to building.

Still no sign of Agreste, nor of the liar and her sheep.

Robin : There's nothing at all tonight, is there?

Ladybird : You're right. Tell Batsy.

Damian speaks to his father though the coms.

Robin : Where do you want to detransform?