Chapter 24

Mari's POV :

We've just arrived at the hospital and Papa has gone in to get me a wheelchair.

He soon arrives followed by medical staff that brings me in.

Everything seems to be happening so fast. As my doctor had previously explained would happen, they made me fill out a consent form before they checked my blood pressure, pulse and temperature. They went over the procedure one last time before getting me ready for the surgery.

°Time skip°

It's been a week since the delivery. I've been home for a few days now. All four babies are healthy. Although they all have heterochromia.

I named them :

Rune, Riven, Forest and Brecken.

Rune's middle name is James. Rune is a baby boy with Damian's skin tone, black hair that looks blue in certain lights, like all of my babies.

Riven's middle name is Willow. I wanted to hint at where their dad and I met. Riven is a baby girl with porcelain skin.

Forest's middle name is Damon. Forest is a baby girl who has the same skin tone as Rune.

Brecken's middle name is Umber. Brecken is a baby boy with porcelain skin.

The doctors told me that their eye colors will appear in the next six months.

I hope their eyes will be as green as Damian's.

My parents have been a huge help since the birth. It isn't easy looking after four babies at once. They look after them whenever I need a break. I really don't know what I would do without them.

The doctors told me that it would take about six weeks to heal from the surgery, but Tikki healed me shortly after leaving the hospital. The last few tattoos appeared before I went into surgery. The last one being my soulmate Initials.

D.W. has appeared on my left eyebrow in what reminds me of Damian's handwriting. I actually don't mind this one being on my face.

It's midnight right now and the babies are asleep. I leave my bed and climb onto my balcony.

Marinette : Tikki, spots on!

My Labybird suit appears. I haven't worn this in nearly a year.

I yo-yo myself to the Eiffel Tower and watch the city at night. I do a quick patrol, but nothing is out of the ordinary. A few people recognized me and asked for a photo. I obliged. I had really missed this.

I head back to the Eiffel Tower wanting to enjoy the view one last time before going home. However, when I land, I'm greeted by people I didn't think I'd see for a few months.

The Batfam.

Wait, Robin is missing. - MOST of the Batfam.

They are facing away from me. I get an idea.

I hang myself upside down and slowly de end until I can hear what they are saying.

Batman : We have been here for months! We should get back to Gotham. The heroes must have moved to someplace new.

I touch his shoulder.

Ladybird : I didn't leave. I just didn't appear for personal reasons.

All of Batman's teammates are on the floor screaming their heads off. I can't help but laugh.

Batman : Who are you?

Ladybird : Ladybird. I used to be Ladybug, hero of Paris. Changed my look when I visited Gotham last year.

RR: You were in Gotham?

Ladybird : Yep. I only got to meet Robin though. Why isn't he here? He didn't really trust e last time.

I giggle.

RH: Couldn't come with us. He has been all over the place lately.

Ladybird : I'd love to stay and chat, but it's late and I need to get back soon. Here's my yoyo's number in case you need to contact me.

I hand them a card before catching my yoyo onto something.

Batman : We will. We're going back to Gotham tomorrow, but we will keep in touch.

Ladybird : Goodbye!

I swing back home while making sure nobody is following me and getting rid of the tracking device they tried to hide on me.

I make it home pretty quickly and go straight to bed.

Damian's POV :

"As I am writing this letter, it has been exactly nine months since I last saw you. The short time we spent together may have been the best thing to have happened to me.

In the last nine months, I have gone through a roller coaster of emotions.

At first, I went through denial. I told myself that there must be some mistake and that you will answer my next call. You never did and I slowly lost hope.

As I was losing hope, I started to resent you. I blamed you.
"You... How dare you make me feel this way!? Why did you ghost me. I thought we had something."
I became overly violent toward my brothers and the criminals I fought during patrol. I didn't want to feel like this, and as a result I hid the insecurities you ended up giving me by taking it out on others. I promised myself over and over that I would get rid of my drawings, paintings and pictures of you. I buried the jumper you made me under all of my other clothes. Hiding it in the back of my closet. I didn't want to think of you.

The next while was spent wondering if I was the problem. I realized that maybe I was the problem in some way or form. Maybe I said something I shouldn't have. Maybe I did something that made you uncomfortable without realizing it and you took your chance to leave me behind when you got it. When I couldn't do anything about it.
If that is the case, I wish you would have just told me.

These thoughts slowly suffocated me. I had convinced myself that I was the problem. That I was a burden to you and to others. I lost all need to be productive and lost all of my energy. All I could do was stay in bed. I would usually wear the hoodie you gave me. I read the note you gave while crying so many times. My brother's and father were in Paris at the time. Alfred helped me through this long rough patch. I would barely eat. I would spend my days in bed. Jon would visit from time to time, but it never really helped.

Today, I am feeling better. I still have rough days every now and then, but I can say that I am moving on with my life.

Angel, if you're out there, just know that even if you have hurt me badly, that I may have scars from my darkest days and have taken down most of the pictures of you that I have on my walls, you will always hold a place in my heart and that I forgive you. I have moved on from this chapter in my life and that I won't let it affect me anymore.

Sincerely,
Your demon. "

Alfred had instructed me to write a letter to what was bothering me. He said it would help me move on and accept what happened and deliver myself from it's power over me. So I did just that.

I burn the letter.