˚ ☁︎ ˚ Canteen »

« 食堂 »

A crease formed on Jake's forehead,"What do you mean by Kang Heeyoung?",he laughed in disbelief,"Did you even change your damn name?"

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?"

The three students turned back sensing Jay's voice fill their ears.

---

//TERRACE//

"You got the wrong person , Jake.",Sunghoon explained for the third time.

Jake's gaze shifted to Heeyoung,"ARE YOU STUPID? WHY WOULD YOU RESPOND TO ME WHEN YOU HEARD ME CALL 'MIHI' AND NOT YOU-"

She laughed with a 'I-can't-believe-this' look,"THERE ARE THESE 8 LETTERS AND 3 WORDS , YOU KNOW? I.AM.SORRY.",she emphasized on the words, one by one.

"Jake , you are literally so dumb.",Jay leaned his back against the wall.

He had made up his mind to confess today but damn , the day didn't seem right.

"Just apologise and patch up now.",Sunghoon heaved a sigh.

Heeyoung stood there with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why would I even apologise?",Jake rolled his eyes,"Even if she is not Choi Mihi or whatever , I still don't like her at all."

"I never asked you to like me either.",she stormed down the stairs  with anger leapt over her face, "Jerk.",she mumbled under her breathe.

---

"I have no idea about why you even like her!",Jake sulked.

"You idiot. I was going to confess today and you ruined everything!",Jay messed up his hair in frustration.

"Can you both stop fighting!",Sunghoon plopped himself on the chair,"You should have apologised , Jake."

Jake glanced at him ,"Hey! Aren't I your best friend? Why are you even siding with her?"

"This ain't about siding with someone.",Jay heaved a forceful sigh,"You were wrong for bashing her that day."

"Yeah of course. I was wrong for bashing your stupid crush.",he walked out from the classroom , making his way through the corridor.

---

//HOME//

Heeyoung placed her bag on her study table and began to take off her socks.

"Kang Heeyoung!"

She looked towards the door, watching  her aunt  enter the room.

"I told you to do the dishes.",she snapped.

"...Aunt. I just returned.",she spoke softly,"...and my exams are nea-"

The middle-aged lady glared at her,"Don't you dare give me excuses."

"Why don't you ask your daughter to do that? She never studies anyway."

Her cousin, Choi Miyeon showed up from her bedroom,"Mom. See , this is what you get for raising your sister's daughter."

"Heeyoung. You ungrateful piece of sh*t.",her aunt slapped her cheek with force,"Don't forget , we are feeding you .",she gripped her hair, pulling her head back.

The girl's eyes trembled with tears.

She wanted to fight back but if she does , she will have nowhere to go.

"Go and do the dishes.",she stepped away  ordering her once again and then , smiled at her daughter,"Miyeon. Shall we order something from the nearby restaurant?"

Miyeon smirked stealing a glance at her cousin ,"Yes mom. My favourite chicken!"

The door of her room got shut and she bit her lower lip holding back her tears.

Because of the absence of her parents at a tender age, she was raised by her aunt's family. The Choi family treated her more like a servant rather than a relative.

They were just raising her for the property left behind by her parents' which was under Heeyoung's name. Greed guided their relationship. She was abused more frequently in recent days.

Heeyoung and her cousin , Miyeon went to the same school but no one knew that they were related.

Miyeon didn't want someone lowly like Heeyoung to be associated with her.

Heeyoung quickly wiped off her tears and walked towards the kitchen.

---

//NEXT DAY//

/CANTEEN/

Jake watched Heeyoung coming over with a food plate on her hand.

He really wanted to teach her a good lesson for messing up with him.

He slowly  stretched his leg out , causing her to stumble over it and land on the floor.

Everyone in the canteen broke out into laughter.

"Ooops!",his lips formed a smirk,"I didn't see you coming here."

She dusted off her clothes and rose to her feet, grabbing a glass of water.

Spilling the water right at his face , she too , let her lips form a smirk ,"Ooops. I didn't see you sitting here."

Both their intense gazes met while the students at the canteen gasped because of her action .