They're Gone

_______________________________

Midnight
Y/N's POV -

It was to be expected, the two of them seemed to be a perfect and opposite match, like both sides of the same coin. But it still didn't bring the fact that it hurt much more than Y/N had anticipated.

They were gone that very same night. Both of them, kidnapped and taken to a school far,far away from Gavaldon.

Y/N was too anxious to sleep that night, worried if her friends would be taken. She didn't want them to be taken. They were her only friends. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose them. Just imagining her once lonesome life was enough to bring tears to her eyes.

But her eyes were beginning to slump down. She needed to sleep.

Y/N fluttered her eyes close, surrendering to the hypnotic feeling of slumber.

'No, not yet,' Y/N snapped at herself, slapping her cheek to wake herself up. Her eyes wandered towards the light bulb hanging on the ceiling- a long black shadow crawled towards her vision, dancing around the light before it stopped. It's bony, hunchbacked human shadow shifted, facing towards her.

Y/N held her breathe as her eyes widened in terror.

'How did it get in?' She thought. 'They locked me inside thinking that it'd be a human being. What is this?'

It moved again. Towards the wood covered window. At first, it seemed as if it was going to leave her alone as it turned its body to look back at her once more. But it didn't.

The shadow jumped off the walls, the 2D shape becoming real as dark cloud-like particles followed it.

And when it finally lunged towards Y/N, she finally found her voice- letting out a loud scream as she ripped her blankets off, jumping off her bed, managing to dodge its aggressive arms.

Y/N panted heavily.

'Come up with a solution,' She told herself.

'Hit it,' a voice in her head told her.

She mentally slapped herself. Such a stupid idea! It a shadow cloud- thingy! Did she really expect anything to happen if she just smacked it?!

The shadow flew towards her again, this time faster than she could comprehend- it's arms wrapping around her waist in a tight hold, dragging her out from the window.

Y/N shut her eyes, ready to hear the loud crash of boards being broken.

She didn't hear any.

Instead, Y/N opened her eyes to find herself outside of her house, her legs dangling in front of her, passing through the walls like fluid water.

'What just happened?'
_______________________________

The School Master's shadow flew fast, passing through the town square as quickly as the sound of light but the guards were to quick to think, catching a glimpse of Y/N's dress against the glow of the torches and running off after the shadow.