Destruction of Good

Y/N's POV -

Light blinded her closed eyes as she laid limply on her bed, wrapped in tight bandages to stop the bleeding.

She forced her eyes open before shutting them once more, an instant throbbing pain hitting her head from the light.

"Sorry," said a voice, then the room went dark, and she could hear the scraping sound of curtains being pulled.

She fluttered her eyes open once more, adjusting to the darkroom. She looked toward the voice, Blondie stood there. He looked tired, bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept at all.

"What are you doing here?" she managed to croak.

"I carried you here, you don't remember? But I mean- you did faint, so I wouldn't expect you to," Blondie said with a smile.

She felt her face go hot. "I didn't faint," she mumbled as she averted her eyes. "I just felt sleepy and fell asleep."

He let out a chuckle. "Alright. Whatever you say, princess."

She nodded silently, eyes never meeting his before she whispered, "Aren't you mad?"

"I am mad."

"Oh-"

"But I'm not mad at you," he told her as he sat on the end of the bed.

She forced herself to sit up, hands rubbing her temples as her head began to spin. She peered at Tedros who glowed a blinding white. It made her head hurt even more.

"My head hurts," she admitted.

"I'll tell the fairies to give you some tea."

"It's alright," she told him. "I can handle it."

Blondie stayed silent, and for a moment, Y/N thought he was going to ignore her. But then she saw that he pushed himself closer, leaning in as he brought his warmth along with him.

"Why did you save me?" he suddenly asked.

Y/N tore her gaze away, abruptly interested in her hands. She didn't know what to say, so she opened her mouth to come up with an excuse, but his hands cupped her chin. Bringing them up, he forced her to look up, locking eyes with bright blue eyes.

She closed her eyes instantly, still blinded by the bright light surrounding him.

"Don't," he said boldly. "Look at me when you talk."

She couldn't. She couldn't bring herself to stare at a person so closely. It was. . . awkward. That was the word to describe it.

She started at everything in the room, ignoring his curious eyes.

He leaned closer, hot breath hitting her neck, and she felt herself turn red, her heart hammering in her chest.

" . . . I know I come off as imitating and spoiled at first, Y/N. But I can't help it, you know? It's . . . a coping mechanism. It's just how I deal with things, but I'm human too, aren't I?"

She gave him a weak nod and Blondie pressed his lips together, a moment of silence lingering in the air, and he seemed reluctant as he said his next words.

"Then why don't I feel like one? Why don't I feel content with who I am or have the normal experience of other Everboys? Why am I the one who has to be followed by shallow love?"

Now, his hands have slipped into his sides and his shoulders drooped onto her should, sniffling quietly.

She didn't know how to feel about this. Awkward yet empathetic.