Step two

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Step two: Get to know the cat's personality.

"Observe the cat for a few days. This way, you can determine its nature, especially when humans come close. Is the cat afraid or scared of people? Is it angry?"

 Is the cat afraid or scared of people? Is it angry?"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Little does Kuroo realize that Lev took his words a little too literally. The poor boy sits in the school library looking through books about cats. He groans loudly gaining the attention of a few other students as he rests his head on the desk.

-Haiba? -Kuroo says surprised looking at the first year.- I didn't expect you here at all.

Kenma shoots a quick glance at the gray-haired boy and a pile of books messily laid out on the desk he's sitting by. His brows furrow and he pauses the game which shocks Kuroo.

-Are those books about cats? -Kenma points at the table.- Are you buying a cat or something?

-No... Kuroo-senpai told me that L/N-chan needs to be...-his mouth is quickly shut by Tetsuro's hand as he chuckles dryly.

-I need to be what? -you cock your eyebrow. Only now Lev notices your presence.- Do I not know about something, Tetsuro? -you say his name slowly, tilting your head to the side.

-Not at all! -he smiles widely and although you can see that he's obviously hiding something you decide to drop the topic. You peek from behind your friends to see a bunch of books laid out right and left and one on another.

-That's surely a lot of books for someone who doesn't own a cat nor wants to have one.- you point out.- Did the team's spirit get to you a little too much and you want to become a Neko yourself, Haiba-san?

No one says a word and you look around at the faces of the boys surrounding you. Kuroo can barely hold in his laughter as he's wheezing into the palm of his hand. Kenma shoots you a rather disappointed look while Lev... Well, Lev... he just sits there, clearly lost in your beautiful [e/c] eyes.

-Was that really that bad? -you ask Kenma slightly tugging him on the sleeve.

-Why are you even trying to talk to him? -Kuroo asks placing a hand on your arm while he wipes off his tears with the other.

-EH? -you say a little too loudly.- I'm trying to talk to the guy because you literally told me I need to socialize more?

-Well, you clearly made him speechless with that terrible attempt of... I don't even know what it was supposed to be.- he pats your back gently.- But you got points for trying.

-You can shove those points up your...- before you can finish, Kenma's hand lands on your mouth and the last word comes out inaudible. It almost looks like kidnapping when he drags you away with his hand still on your lips.