Step six

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Step six: use a cat pheromone product

"If you need help making the cat feel more welcomed, you might try a cat pheromone product. These substances work by imitating cat pheromones that can calm a cat via the scent of the pheromones. There are sprays you can use to spritz the area around the cat. But be aware that the spray sound may upset or scare the cat."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

The first thing you see on your desk when you walk into your classroom is flowers. You look around a bit suspicious before approaching your desk. You touch them gently as if you're afraid that they'll crumble under your fingers. They're not just any flowers you notice, they're your favorite. You bring the small bouquet up to your face and inhale their sweet smell.

-Innuoka-kun.- you face the boy who happens to be on the volleyball team as well as he is your classmate.- These don't have a note attached, did you see who left them?

-I have no clue.- he shakes his head.

He watches you curiously as you lightly touch the petals with your fingertips. He chokes back the laughter when he sees your grin from ear to ear.

-You should ask someone for a vase so they don't dry out during the day.- he notices and you nod your head. It's a little awkward walking around the school with the bouquet in your hands but you felt bad leaving them there. Especially when you don't know how long have they been there.

You head down to the school secretary to ask for a vase when you bump into Kuroo and Kenma.

-Are these for me? -the taller boy asks with a smirk.- Really Y/N? I knew I'm your favorite but Kenma is going to be jealous! -he laughs resting his arm around Kozume's neck.

-Very funny, Tetsu.- you roll your eyes and without asking the two follow you to the school secretary. Fortunately, she does have an empty vase and she lets you borrow it for the day. You bow your head before leaving.- Someone left them at my desk this morning.

-Aren't they your favorite? -Kenma asks raising his eyes from above the Nintendo he's been playing the whole time. You nod your head slowly enchanted by their beautiful color and smell.

-Eh, Kenma? You know her favorite flower? -Kuroo whines.- Do you know mine?

-Why would I care? -he asks in a monotone voice and you chuckle when Kuroo immediately slouches at his response. - Do you know who left them?

-No, there's no note and I asked Innuoka but he said he hasn't seen anyone.

It was an obvious lie that you weren't aware of because you don't know Innuoka that well yet. But since yesterday all volleyball team members except Kenma agreed to help Lev out with his little crush. Kuroo had to kick him under the table when the white-haired boy almost quoted him saying that you need to be tamed. He just knew damn well that you would kill him if you found out he compared you to a pet.

-Have you guys seen Lev today? -you ask suddenly and they both raise their eyebrows at you.

A small part of you is telling you that he's the one behind this but at the same time, he seems to be avoiding you today? It's already your third period and you haven't seen him yet. It feels weird. It felt weird the first time he would follow you around all day and now it felt weird that he wasn't around. You can't quite figure if that bothers you or are you just worried. Was he not at school today? Maybe he's the one who overslept today or his sister didn't wake him up?

Yesterday he called you a little earlier like he promised to and tried to ask only volleyball-related questions but obviously that wasn't what happened. He quickly switched the topic telling you different stories about his childhood and his dreams till you fell asleep. You were almost astounded by how quickly you grew a liking to his voice and could fall asleep to it so easily. Up to this day, you would only talk with Kuroo and Kenma but they would always wake you up with their bickering or loud talking so you could never doze off while listening to them.

Both Kuroo and Kenma shake their heads and they're telling the truth because they indeed haven't seen the skyscraper today. It actually is a little weird for them too but they just shrug it off and go on with their day and so you decide to do that too.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

You sit on the bench with your mouth wide open when the boys tell you that Lev has been apparently sent some after the first class because he used too much perfume or something like that? You frown because it just sounds ridiculous and you wonder how did that happen.

Innuoka was the only one to know outside Lev's class because he asked him to leave the flowers on your desk before he had to go home. He looked so beaten when he realized he won't be able to spend the day with you.

-Umm... -you clear your throat.- Couldn't he just shower and show up again?

All the boys shrug and the coach makes them go change so they can start the practice. You notice that it's way more peaceful when Haiba is not around but it's also not the same without him. You send him a quick text hoping that the coach won't catch you red-handed. Once you're done you get back to analyzing the game and catching the strong and weak points of the chosen players.

He doesn't show up till the very end of the practice.

-I think that's your biggest delay, Haiba.- the coach says looking at the boy who basically bursts into the gym.- It's nice to see you but we're already over. How do you expect to be an ace when you don't treat this seriously?

Lev hangs his head low not saying anything. Everyone gathers up around him to ask what happened but they stop a few feet away.

-Haiba! -Yaku coughs violently.- What is that smell?

-It's [your favorite scent].- he says scratching the back of his neck.- Is it still that strong?

-Did you pour the whole bottle on yourself? -Kuroo asks with his nose pinched as the smell is just overwhelming. Kenma squints his eyes quickly walking away. His nostrils filled up with the smell and he just wants to get away from it.

-Ah, it was an accident! -Lev whines. - They said to use a cat's pheromone...- he mutters under his breath and Kuroo for a second he'll die laughing right there.

Indeed he poured the whole bottle on himself because he didn't know that the smell is going to be so strong. He didn't have a problem with it himself but apparently, it was so unbearable during class that he had to be sent home. He showered three times but it seemed that his skin absorbed the scent a little too well. So now he was just stuck with it and everybody had to pinch their noses while being close to him.

You watch them from the distance still sitting on the bench. You need to finish your notes before checking out what is going on. You add a few lines to Kai's and Innouka's pages before closing the notebook. You scrunch up your nose a few times as you raise your head slightly. Your favorite scent filled out the gym making you inhale deeply with your eyes closed and you immediately felt relaxed. You slowly get off your seat and head to the circle of boys surrounding Lev.

-Y/N, you should cover up your nose! -Yaku warns you but you don't listen.

You frown slightly when they all hold their noses as if the smell is bad but it actually draws you in. Lev grows speechless when he sees you walking his way. You step between the boys and inhale deeply once more almost with your face in his chest.

-A little strong. -you comment without realizing how fast you made his heart beat just now.- But I like it.

-Cat's pheromone.- Kuroo mutters shaking his head in disbelief. He actually believes that the white-haired boy can not only tame you but win over your heart as you smile unknowingly almost snuggling into the skyscraper's chest.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━