Step seven

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Step seven: use your hand to pet the cat.

"After you've been feeding the cat with a spoon for a while, try sneaking your hand under the spoon and petting the cat. Only pet the cat's shoulders and head.

Don't get anywhere near its underside. A cat will be very defensive if it feels threatened. Only when your cat fully trusts you will you be able to pet its belly."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Lev stands in the middle of the corridor with his green eyes focused on a small piece of paper with each step written on it. He smiles proudly at all the checked steps before today's one.

-Use your hand to pet the cat... -he mumbles.- How should I do it?

Wouldn't actually petting you on the head be a little weird? Not that he hasn't done anything embarrassing for the last few days but he definitely wasn't trying to scare you off on purpose. He puffs out his cheeks thinking about how can he change this up.

So far his plan seemed to be working out with minimum help from his teammates. Minimum because Kuroo only told him a few things about you and Innuoka helped with the flowers. The rest of the boys... well they just kept quiet about his crush although the giant did expect them to make fun of him whenever you weren't around them.

At first, he did not actually think that the plan will work out but here you were. You got used to him being around you and you never got mad when he called you every evening since you gave him your phone number.

Yet everything that was touch-related seemed to be off the table. Lev's smile always faltered a little whenever he would excitedly grab your hands and you would almost immediately wiggle yourself out of his hold. Not mentioning the fact that he only had hugged you once and you didn't hug him back. Maybe it was a little sudden but he hoped you'd at least lightly wrap your arms around his torso. Yet they felt like noodles resting along your body. He wouldn't blame you though, he just needed to get a little closer, that's all. He wished you would act so freely around him like you do with his upperclassmen, Kuroo and Kenma. He always felt a little jealous whenever you would touch them or let them touch you, he wished to stroke your hair like Tetsuro and walk you by the hand like Kozume.

Lev knew he could say that you're friends at this point without hesitation. But just being friends isn't enough for him. He wants you by his side as his girlfriend. He can't wait for the day you'll call him not by his name but a cute nickname you'll give him or perhaps just something simple as a boyfriend. That will be enough for him. Or maybe it will be more than enough to make his heart explode? He is ready to accept the consequences if you are willing to let this happen.

Haiba might be childish but he isn't the one to give up on his dreams. And you definitely are a part of not only one dream of his but many.