Step ten

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Step ten: give the kitten a place to feel secure.

"When you're not actively working on socializing it, make sure the kitten has a small, quiet room where it can retreat and relax. This might be a bathroom or a spare bedroom."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

When you see Lev the next day at school you cannot stop feeling embarrassed as the memory of the last night creeps onto your mind. You wish you could hide your face when it tints pink as soon as you see him on the other side of the corridor. You wondered all night if you didn't rush things too quickly with that kiss.

Yes, you like him... And with everything he has done for the past week, he must like you too. After all, you're observant and definitely not blind. All the hands holding, all the looks he gives you when you're around, the compliments. The damn date. You almost hate to admit but he stole your heart when you weren't even expecting it. He made you soft and vulnerable in a matter of a week.

He notices you right away as he grins your way, distracting himself from whatever Yaku was telling him. The smaller boy punches him in the stomach to gain back his attention before following Haiba's gaze. Morisuke waves at you and you return the gesture with a small chuckle as Haiba holds his stomach whining. Kuroo and Kenma follow you silently towards the other team members with smiles on their faces as they see your reaction. They're both glad to see you so lifely and happy not only around them.

They noticed you got more comfortable not only around the volleyball club but also around other people such as your classmates and students from different classes and years. You smiled more and your expression seemed to soften as well whenever you talked with someone even new.

-Good morning, Y/N.- Yaku greets you with a nod and you bow slightly.- We were just talking about you. Right, Haiba? -he smirks at the giant who seems to be turning red.

-Senpai! -Lev almost cries out.- Please don't!

-And what exactly were you talking about? -you cock your brow as your eyes waver from Yaku to Lev and back. Kenma and Kuroo lean in closer to eavesdrop on the conversation. They didn't ask any questions but they were curious about the outcome of yesterday's "date".

Yaku opens up his mouth to say something but he's immediately interrupted by someone calling out your name. Everyone turns around to find the source of the sound.

-Mornin' Y/N. -the boy says nonchalantly and you tilt your head slightly looking at him. His tie is messily wrapped around his neck and you feel the urge to correct it.- Can we talk?

Kuroo squints his eyes at the other 3rd year while Kenma tries to quickly read his intentions towards his best friend. You follow the boy a little bit hesitantly, you've never talked to him before so you don't know what he might want from you.