Chapter 2: What Shadows Up Too

Shadow sat in an abandoned cabin.

Normally if he was cold or it snowed maybe sometimes when it rained he would stay at Rouge's house to stay warm.

Huge abandoned cabin he was in he had found when he first arrived on Earth.

He missed Maria very badly.

He remembered the way they would look down at it thinking about how wonderful it would be to go there.

But now that Maria is dead he despised the planet more than anything.

The ebony hedgehog curled up into a comfortable ball on the floor.

There was nothing in the cabin.

It was empty but Shadow injoyed the way the floor felt so cool

. He tried to get comfortable by rolling to different locations.

But the cold floor quickly warmed up as Shadow tried to find a spot in the room he could stay cool.

Shadow remembered the way he would do this every spring in space.

Even though you couldn't tell seasons in the space colony ARK around the time spring would be occurring on Earth Shadow would feel this way.

He hated it a lot. It was very uncomfortable always being a little overheated having a hard time to cool down.

Maria had a name for the strange occurrence he experienced.

The only thing the ebony hedgehog could remember about it was that it started with the letter "H".

He sighed and rolled around uncomfortably.

He tried to rest but he was to hot.

His mind wandered as he remembered Maria.

He remembered happy memories as he grew up with her.

He remembered being a happy kit that colored.

He remembered being with her on Christmas.

He remembered her reading him bedtime stories.

But then he remembered her in front of him, her hands wrapped around a lever, a G.U.N. agent with a gun pointed at her.

"Bang"

The blood falling down her head as she said her last words before she died.

She had gave her life to help him.

He felt a tear roll down his cheek as he sat up.

He reached into his white glove and pulled out a shard of glass.

He pulled off his glove on the hand he had covered with scars.

He relaxed as he began to 'relieve' himself.

Soon he finished and covered his hand back up with his white glove and gently pushed the glass shard back into the other glove where he always kept it.

He curled back up into a comfortable ball again as he tried to sleep.

Ignoring the strong scent that came from him as he began to get hotter and struggled more to cool down and had the eagerness to want to begin squirming on his back twisting in different directions somehow feeling better as some of the dirt from the floor settled down in his quills cooling him and weakening the strange smell that flowed around the cabin.

He was guessing it was nothing important.

He thought it was just something his alien blood possessed for him.

But then again he hadn't been on Earth for this particular part of year yet.