Chapter 3: Sonic Cant Take It Anymore!

Sonic was awake making some pancakes for breakfast.

He watched the pan as the sticky liquid flowed off of the spoon and hit the hot surface sizzling.

The pancake mix slowly began cooking.

Tails was busy repairing the X-Tornado.

The cobalt hedgehog felt guilty about forgetting again.

He knew how much Tails wanted to keep him out of Möbius for the season.

He sighed as he saw the kitsune hard at work with the plane's engine.

This was the least he good do for the two tailed fox.

Soon he had a plate stacked with pancakes on the table next to a bowl full of strawberries.

The fox came in and sat down at the table.

Sonic could tell the kitsune was exhausted.

"Sorry little buddy I didn't mean to forget again. Its just that I've been-"

He was cut off as the two tailed fox held up a finger to silence him and rubbed his temple.

Sonic snapped his muzzle shut aware of his friends head pain.

He guessed the motor must have been loud according to the fox's large ears.

Suddenly Sonic perked his ears as he heard a soft cooing sound.

His emerald eyes shimmered with an instinctive spark as he sniffed the air.

The scent that hit his nose was strong and made his tail wag vigorously.

Tails looked up in concern at the cobalt hedgehog's strange behavior.

Sonic's instincts were fully in him as he walked around on all fours sniffing.

He looks like a dog doing that. He must be looking for something. Tails put pieces of the puzzle together in his mind.

Sonic zoomed to the living room cooing.

Tails curiously followed him to find him cooing a strange call to the chair.

He was puzzled on the idea he was calling to a chair.

Suddenly another hedgehog on all fours walked out rubbing up against the chair.

The act reminded the kitsune of a kitten rubbing up against someone's leg asking for affection.

Sonic's tails thumped wildly against the ground almost at the speed of sound as the hedgehog rubbed itself up against the cobalt hedgehog's chest cooing affectionately.

But the thing that surprised the fox the most was who the hedgehog was.

"Shadow?"