Chapter 4: Close Call

Shadow rolled over on his back and began pushing himself with his legs rubbing his back against the carpet.

Shadow quickly got back on all fours and walked into the kitchen.

Sonic sniffed the spot Shadow had rubbed against the carpet his tail wagging.

Shadow came back holding a strawberry in his jaws.

He quickly stashed it behind the chair.

Curiously Tails grabbed the chair and pulled it out of the way and placed it at the other side of the room.

Tails looked back to see on the location behind where the chair was once at was a nest.

The nest was large about big enough for three hedgehogs and was made completely out of straw.

Right beside the nest was a pile of fruit.

What a mess! Tails thought as he reached toward the pile to clean up.

He yanked his hand back as a growl emitted from Shadow's throat.

Tails sighed and walked to the kitchen to make a phone call to his friend to come help him take care of Shadow.

After he began dialing the first number he heard a 'thud'.

Tails quickly ran to the living room to see Sonic hovering over Shadow.

The ebony hedgehog had his head between his arms, with his ears pinned back, and his eyes closed.

Tails heard Shadow whimper and he snapped out of his thoughts and ran to the kitchen.

He grabbed the bucket of water he kept on the table for emergencies like this and ran back to the two hedgehogs.

He splashed the bucket on them and they separated from each other.

The bucket didn't snap them out of their instinct state which shocked the kitsune.

At least he stopped them before they got to involved.

What a close call!

Tails couldn't wait to get his friends over to help.