Dream ~ Connor (Detroit: Become Human)

"I'll see you soon, Con."

Eyes immediately open up as Connor looks at the ceiling in a blank daze. He had that dream again. He saw him again... he saw him in his dreams...

The LED on Connor's head stayed red. It didn't flicker to yellow or blue, just the crimson color of red eerily glowed on the darkness of the room as the android sat up from the bed he was occupying. Shakily, Connor processed what that dream was again.

Ah, right, him... [Name].

The nice cop that he worked a few times in the DPD with Hank on cases in investigating robbery and homicides. [Name] was a nice man. Down for a chase in every case as he says he likes the excitement it brought and would constantly crack jokes around with his colleagues whenever he can. He was one of the free-spirited men in the DPD. [Name] was a nice man, everyone knew that.

Lost in his thoughts, Connor seemed to be startled a bit on a small ring near him. Looking at the side table where a clock was, it showed it was three in the morning. A frown settled on the android's lips as he saw the time. Connor had been waking in the middle of the night for months now and although he doesn't need sleep, it was still concerning. Androids aren't supposed to dream but then again, android's weren't supposed to deviate from their programming but here he was. Connor let out a shaky breath as he stayed in his bed, his thoughts went back to that dream again.

Connor was an android, he knew that, but he had dreams as he sleeps which made him so confused and terrified at first but grew to live with it as he becomes more human. Although he doesn't need sleep in the first place, Connor just subconsciously does it as he deviated a few months back. It made him feel relaxed and maybe alive at some point. Despite it, the android just sat and thought of the dream.

Silence overtook the room as nothing was heard other than the soft whizzing of the wind outside the window.

Morning came as the android was ready at six am sharp and left the room in his complete grey colored CyberLife uniform. Connor went to the kitchen and prepared a small meal for his father-like figure, Hank, and placed it at the table when he finished for Hank to eat when he wakes up. Connor also fed Sumo while also patting the St. Bernard's head a couple of times as he did.

The android made sure everything was fine, Connor then bid goodbye to the dog and went outside where he immediately called a cab to take him somewhere. He and Hank didn't have any cases and were even given the day off, which the old man took it happily to get those overdue sleep while Connor leaves him be.

Connor waited for the cab patiently as he look around, the neutral look on his face was replaced with a small smile as he noticed the day was rather lovely. It took a few more minutes till the cab arrived and Connor immediately went inside and let the automatic cab be. Already knowing the android's destination as he input it when he called the cab.

The scenery changed as the drive was silent. Brown eyes fixated on outside the window to see passing blurs of people, androids, and buildings passed. Connor's mind drifted again somewhere, or rather, someone. It still made him ponder how he really gets those dreams. He was an android, sure he deviated but... it still made him wonder really.

Connor was brought back when he felt the cab stop. The android took notice that he was already where he wanted to be and opened the cab's door and got out.

"You have reached your destination. Thank you for traveling with Detroit Taxis. We look forward to seeing you again soon," Connor heard the automatic voice says as the taxi immediately went away as he shut the door, going back to the company or to another passenger that called its services. Connor looked at the large structure of the building as a frown formed on his lips.