[ 9 ] open hearts

CHAPTER NINE
❝ blooming roses ❞

CHAPTER NINE❝ blooming roses ❞

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

ELLARIA SOMETIMES WISHED THE NIGHT WAS LONGER. Although she loved mornings, its fresh air, its rising sun, and everything in between, she wanted to stay in her bed.

Her body still ached from the pain of the full moon a few nights ago, it didn't go away as easily this time. Tobias and she returned to their beds in the early morning, when she knew she couldn't do any danger due to her state. They barely got any sleep but went back to normal the next day. It was awkward at first after seeing their friends, but no one mentioned a thing, so they didn't either.

She smiled at her roommates and she stood up to make her bed. It was chaotic at times due to all of them rushing to get ready for the day, but today was calm. Perhaps because it was the start of the weekend and they would go to Hogsmeade.

   The little town was always a nice place to visit. Usually, it was just her and Tobias, or she would tag along with his Slytherin housemates. They hadn't made any plans, but she still went to get ready.

   As she fixed her hair, Ella thought of the lone wolf of that night. It wasn't the first time she heard it, but it was her first time hearing it up close. It felt as if it was a few feet away from her, but she knew it might live in the forest. Either way, she could feel its pain in the deep howl that moonshine night.

   She exited the room, with a bag hanging down her shoulder. She smiled at a couple of people as she began to get out of the door and to the Great Hall to get something to eat. There were a few people in the hallways talking, so she tried her best to look down and think of something else.

Before she could look around to find her best friend, she felt his presence from behind her. In an instant, his arm was around her, pulling her close. As usual, he kissed her temple and smiled.

"Either you woke up late, or I'm becoming you" he said, looking down at her as they entered the hall.

Ella chuckled "Don't know, maybe you are starting to become me"

"Oh no" he looked at her "The horror" he joked and both of them laughed.

They sat together in their usual spot and began to eat by themselves. She nodded at what he was saying, taking bites from her breaks fast as she thought of the upcoming day. The thought of asking Remus to hang out crossed her mind, but maybe he had other plans, so she left it alone.

She smiled at some people who waved at her and turned to see Tobias, who was looking somewhere else,—or someone. But before she could ask who, she interrupted her train of thought.